Chapter 24

When I stumble through the door of my own house a few hours later I make sure to tiptoe inside and close the door gently, my eyes wander to the clock on the wall, 4:46am. My legs carry me towards the kitchen, on my way there I put Lauren's keys near mine on the table. On my way to my bedroom I notice her body laying on the couch inside my living room, she is fast asleep, looking like an angel that was sent my way straight from heaven, just to take care of me and my little baby boy.

I walk straight up to her, that's probably the only straight thing that I do nowadays, I put the blanket on top of her, covering up her small body. As I turn around I accidentally push over the little vase from the table, it doesn't break but the sound wakes Lauren up.

"Baby?" She mumbles sitting up, rubbing her eyes with her fingers to wake herself up. Her eyes scan my body, she looks at me for a second before she lets out a little happy sigh.

"You're alright. Don't ever scare me like that again," I hear her stutter out as she attaches herself around my neck.

"I'm sorry. Let's get you back to sleep, we'll talk about this in the morning." Her eyes wander to the clock on the wall, her eyebrows shot up immediatelly.

"I mean when we both get some sleep and wake up." I can feel her nodding inside my chest, I have to carry her inside the bedroom, I have to admit it though, I still like carrying her around. As soon as my back collides with my mattress I can feel myself drifting off to sleep.

Not even an hour later I pull myself off of the bed, waking up Lauren accidentally again, her eyes shot open, the tears evident inside them, "don't go. Please don't. Just don't leave me." I am a little confused about her words before I form an answer.

"I am just thirsty, I need a glass of water silly." Lauren shots up from the bed, clinging onto me harshly as we walk towards the kitchen quietly. As soon as we reach it and I leave to drink a glass of water she jumps onto the counter watching every move I make. When I turn around to face her I can see her staring at the sink blankly, I push myself between her thighs, rubbing her cheeks gently, but she is still in her own little world.

"What are you thinking about?" My raspy morning voice awakens her, I can see shiny little sparks inside her eyes then, "I can't believe you're willing to stay after all I've put you through."

I lean in to close the gap between us, but to her surprise I don't press my lips on hers, I only kiss the corner of her mouth before moving down to kiss her jawline softly, "can you not do that? I didn't say I'm staying yet? I'm just processing all this in my mind slowly, trying to move past your lies and give us another chance at being honest with eachother." Lauren nods, pulling me harshly into her body, our hearts meeting in the middle becoming one, her sweet breath on my neck, my nose nuzzling her hair as we both close our eyes to enjoy the moment of affection.

"Does this mean I won't get a rose and a note on my night stand tomorrow?" I giggle at her question, I have been keeping her happy with bringing her a single rose every morning, placing it down next to her on the bed where I was resting or on my night stand or basically anywhere in the house with a little note attached to it. Sometimes I even hid the note somewhere else and she went crazy searching for it before going to work.

She sent mean texts to me when she was unable to find the note though.

You're such a meanie, I'll only cook lunch for myself today, eat by myself and then enjoy sleeping on my own, because the sofa is missing your butt. ~ Seeker

Or something along the lines;

You're messing with the wrong lady my dear. I know where that picture of your lovely naked body is, I am not afraid to use it against you. ~ Horny teenager