Chapter 10

Even though I am not a good company in the state I am in, Anna stays for dinner, and by dinner I mean that we ordered some pizza and drank some wine.

"Sooo, how is life?" I ask her as we are staring at eachother in my kitchen, Anna giggles at my silly question and pulls me towards the couch in my living room. My head lands on her lap, her hands find a way to my hair as she starts massaging me gently.

"You know same old same old. My boss is still harsh, a little jerk to be completely honest." My hand tickles her sides as she says this.

"Excuse me? Harsh? You should probably do something about it then?"

"Something like what?" Our eyes are locked, her lips pulled up in a beautiful smile, her teeth showing in the process. Our fingers are slowly intertwining as her head moves slowly towards mine.

"I don't know, I don't have that kind of boss." I say playfully and she lets out a nervous sigh, her lipstick looks so good on her, I put my hand on her ponytail and pull the elastic out of it. Her hair falls down on my face but my fingers are fast at moving it away from our faces. I am faced with the most beautiful smile and eyes blue like the ocean.

"I think I should just kiss her, once." I freeze in position that I am right now, I know that things were going out of hand a few minutes ago but I am pretty sure that if she leans in I won't be able to stop myself. I am craving for comfort for a little attention and affection for a very long time, I never came to the second base with Emily because I was always pulling away from it. But there is nothing pulling me back in this exact moment. Will I regret this tomorrow? Yes, yes I will. Will I feel guilty? Yes, yes I will, I shouldn't but I will. Will I imagine someone else on top of me? Not really sure, but I could find out right now.

Our lips almost touch when we hear the bell. I am seriously not expecting anyone so whoever it is interupting our little moment I want to rip their head of.

"Don't open," she whispers in my ear seductively but I pull away from her, my feet carrying me towards the door. When I open the door I am met with an angry Susan on the other side. She storms into my apartment, her finger pointing at Anna and the door. Anna seems to get the hint as she starts stumbling around the apartment looking for her purse.

"Be happy that you're not fired! And be aware of the fact that I will keep an eye on every fucking move you do from now on. Leave now!" Susan yells and if Anna isn't scared, I am. When the door of my apartment close Susan points at the couch and says, sit yourself the fuck down, through gritted teeth.

"What do you think you're doing? If I tell you to stay inside the room while I am talking to Lauren you're going to do it! And how dare you just run away from work with that little worm!"

"Look I don't know what's up with you, but I am not going to sit in there watching her talk but wanting so badly to kick me out of the room."

"It is not your job to judge the situation we are in. Lauren is getting better because of you. She insisted that you come to our meetings, she basically told me to drag you in there if I would have to. She watches that fucking video of you singing to her every fucking day. The girls have to write down everything she remembers because she is so confused by these memories that she can't write them down herself. For fucks sake she has a wall full of memories of you and her, full of pictures she found in her old computer. Everyday she goes to work to be better, to get better for you, and what you do in return? You want to fuck Anna!" Her eyes are full of anger. Well no shit you messed it up pretty bad this time.

"How on earth could I know all that? How? Lauren told me to stay away."

"What part of, she is not the same as she was before you don't understand? Go to her house and fix it, fix this mess that you've made." She pulls me from the couch and pushes me out of the door, I try to lock the door and take the key out but she keeps on pulling me towards the car. I take the keys out and she drags me into the car.