Chapter 19

I am laying in this hospital bed just staring at the ceiling, Lauren's body is pressed on my chest again, every night she comes back to fall asleep in my arms, the nurses are furious of course but Kylie made sure that she is allowed to stay, "believe it or not, it seems like you are her cure and she is yours." Were the words she said to me after she convinced the nurse to let Lauren stay.

It's been a week since I woke up, they've been doing all sorts of tests on me and even though I wanted to call my best friends I was exhausted when they brought me back to my room.

I am currently laying in my bed, sleep is not coming to me easily tonight, my eyelashes are heavy but I can't close my eyes when my mind is running wild. I search for my phone in the little drawer and take it out, I scroll down the names until I reach the one I was looking for.

Jack: Hello? Y/N are you alright? It's three in the morning what is going on?

His raspy voice says and I can hear someone moving next to him, "is that Y/N?" I hear Emma's voice. Jack mumbles that he is putting me on speaker and I don't want to object.

Y/N: I just, nothing is wrong. I mean... I am fine, I am getting better but.

Emma: But? What's up? You know we are sorry that we are not able to be there right? We are kind of stuck in the hospital for now.

Y/N: Hospital? What happened?

I hear them how they both take a deep breath, for a second I think that I hear Emma crying and I guess she really is because Jack's voice breaks a little too when he tells me the news.

Jack: Well Emma was feeling weird for about two or three days, we thought that it was normal after all she is pregnant, but then the bleeding started and we... you know... they are twins, but but they only saved one for now, they told us that we should try to stay positive for our other baby but it's hard you know, they are doing everything to prepare us for the worst if the baby won't be able to make it... but Y/N if I lose this baby I am not going to make it. It hurts so bad, we went to see her you know? The little girl, she looks so beautiful but so fragile at the same time. Our little angel was wearing a smile on her face when the angels almost came and took her away from us.

I don't know when I started crying and I wouldn't even noticed my tears if it wasn't for Lauren whom was now wiping them away. I am a double aunt, to a beautiful twins but life works in such a mysterious ways. Why are the bad things happening to us? I really hope that our little princess survives this.

Emma: I mean, everything happens for a reason right? Maybe our baby is too good for this world, but we still have our faith, her brother is strong and healthy and we are trying so hard not to break down you know...

She stutters before she starts crying as well, I want to go there I want to be there for my friends but I am basically handcuffed to this stupid bed.

Y/N: I, I am sorry guys, I am sorry for not being there I am sorry for not calling sooner, I am so so so sorry for your little girl. I can't even, I don't get it...everything was perfect I..how? I mean why?

Jack: Who knows Y/N, all I know is that I have to be strong for our family, I still have a wife and a healthy son, but I want to hold my daughter too.

Y/N: Be strong will you guys? Don't give up okay? There always comes a sun after the rain no matter how cliche that sounds, it can't rain forever.

Emma: But what if it does, what if my heart won't be ready to move on ever, what if the rains keeps on falling on our hearts.

Y/N: Then I will be there and your friends and family will be there to be your shelter to protect you from the dark clouds.