Chapter 26

"Wake up, y/n wake up come on," I hear her voice echoing through the room, I shot up in panick, my hands automatically flying towards her face, observing her, searching for some kind of bruise.

"What are you doing silly?" Lauren's raspy voice wakes me up a bit more, her laugh shakes my heart in unexplainable way, it warms me up immediately.

"Oh, - I - I thought something happened. Why did you wake me up at 4 am Lo?" I stutter out looking at the time, Lauren pulls me up towards the window, "look." She points at the snow falling down slowly, a little smile makes its way on my lips. I hear giggles from behind me and as I turn around I'm faced with my little family dressed up in coats and gloves ready to hit the snow.

"Are you two crazy?" I whisper eyeing them up quietly. Noah runs to me in his little boots, jumping on my lap as soon as he gets to me, "mom get dressed, we're gonna build a snowman!" I shake my head at his little words my eyes falling on my fianceé in the back who's trying to tie her shoes properly, I can see her struggling a little, "Noah, go get me my coat alright?" He nods as I put him down running out of the room afterwards.

I take a step towards my soon to be wife, kneeling down, my hands resting on top of hers in no time, "Lo?"

"I'm a failure aren't I?" I hear her defeated voice.

"What are you talking about, I'm so proud of you." I tell her honestly as her eyes meet mine, she lets me tie her shoes and pulls me down to sit on the floor with her afterwards. Her small body crawls up to straddle me the tears evident in her eyes, "I remember you." Lauren whispers quietly placing her lips on top of mine, kissing me sweetly.

"Oh, Lo." I let out a little sob as she hugs me tightly, our son joining the hug soon after, "where's my coat buddy?"

Noah points at the door, bringing our foreheads together, "I remember." Lauren repeats and my eyes stay focused on her trembling body, "I remember baby, I remember." I nod proudly my tears finally making their way down my cheek.

"You remember." Lauren laughs, but not one of those fake laughs, she laughs with her heart and soul, laughs without holding back. Noah pulls us all up impatiently, Lauren immediately following him through the front door as I stay behind to get dressed. My mind wanders back to the first christmas we spent together.

"Are you comfortable baby? I know this might be too much for you, but they are nice aren't they?" Lauren whispers in my ear her words echoing through my mind, I've just successfuly met the girls for the very first time and now we're laying on the couch cuddling while they're talking about us in the kitchen.

"They're so loud aren't they?" Lauren mumbles giggling into my neck afterwards.

"They really are."

"It's a good thing they like you then." I snort loudly making her look at me with those big green eyes, "I love it when you laugh like that."

I wiggle my eyebrows, "like what?" Lauren smiles my way looking at me with the look that says, "I'm waiting for my kiss." And I shake my head at her.

"No Laur. I'm not going to kiss you in front of them, this is so inappropriate,-" I start but the tallest one who I assume is Dinah interrupts me, throwing the little pillow at Lauren.

"-exactly, keep it inside your pants y/n!" I look at Lauren and she throws her hands up in defense.

"I didn't tell them!"

"Oh come on, it's not hard to notice the tent when Lauren sits down on your lap." I sit up pushing my girlfriend off the couch accidentally, Dinah snorts loudly and Camila who just entered the room to see the scene joins in.