Chapter 21

Waking up next to her was never as good as it is today, it means that we made it, it's special because after six years I am holding her in my arms. So many things happened, we both changed in this time, even the love we felt has changed over this years, it only grew bigger and bigger. It feels like I love her on a different level now, we upgraded to a different kind of love.

That kind of love that makes your heart skip a beat everytime she looks at you with those green eyes, that kind of love that makes you feel hopeless when she is not in your presence, that kind of love that you can't fall asleep without good night kiss. The one that makes you all dizzy and even though you're not really on drugs it feels like you are all the time.

We go to bed together in the evening and there's no doubt or question in my mind if she is going to be there in the morning. Her lovely raspy voice wakes me up before she goes to work, she wakes me up just for a second to give me a little kiss that helps me go through the day without her. And when she is back from work, I always take a few minutes to just hold her in my arms, I wait for her in front of the door and when she steps inside my arms are placed around her neck immediately.

"You're crazy," she whispered in my ear the third time I've done that, "crazy in love," I answered and the smile she gave me meant everything in that exact moment.

It's been a week since I talked to my brother, I called him the next day telling him that I want them to come a week later when my apartment I mean our apartment will look like a place worth living in.

Well to say that we did a good job is understatement, the apartment looks too freaking good. Lauren even brought her old piano into the living room, acutally she is playing a little song right now, I guess she is trying to write and sing again.

There's no more doubts or sleepless nights when I was wondering if she ever really loved me. I know it now. I know it when I look at her.

"You're thinking too hard, I can feel it." Lauren mumbles, I walk towards her and sit down next to her slowly. I watch her closely as she rubs her eyes and her hand falls on my abs.

"I'm meeting your mother for the very first time and your brother too, I saw them in the hospital but I kind of didn't want to say anything, I just watched them from distance." She mumbles in her hand as she is covering her tired eyes.

"I know you are, I have a question for you though. I would like to go see my little ones, Jessie and Ray, Jake has called me for a millionth time yesterday, he is so proud of the babies, I want to see them," Lauren frowns beside me, "alone? No way." She answers quietly but still sternly.

"But Lo?"

"No buts. You're not going," I nod but I know that she knows that I am going to go either way, "don't even think about it, I will take the keys of your car with me." I pout but new idea crosses my mind immediately, "you're not taking the bus or train either." Her finger moves in front of my eyes. Damn! That woman!

Everything is perfect after a few hours as we sit at the table with my mother, brother and his wife Lia and daughter Maya. Our fingers are intertwined beneath the table, Lauren doesn't seem nervous anymore, at least not as much as she was when they came and she dropped the flowers that my brother brought for her.

"So Lauren, will you be able to give me a grandchild?" My mom shots unexpectedly in the middle of the dinner and I choke on the chicken I was eating, Lauren starts laughing as she pats my back gently.

"Actually, we haven't really talked about it properly, but I've been thinking about it for quite some time now," I choke on my water as she says this.

"You are, were what?" I ask coughing heavily from the confusing conversation we are having, my brother is laughing at me from the other side of the table, his wife is already making plans and telling Lauren how good it feels to hold a little child inside your arms, my mother is all over her too now, and then there is Maya, she is looking at me with a weird expression on her face. She leans her little face towards mine as she says, "but you don't have a penis."

"Oh," I say like I am a child myself too, come on Y/N think damn it, you don't need a penis for it, you can always adopt or something. Maybe we should start looking for appropriate donor, wait a second, don't rush things now.

"Maybe you can buy it in the store," Maya offers me the solution and I laugh a little.

"I'm pretty sure that's not how it works Maya," she sighs deeply, "or maybe you just don't want it?" She asks confused.

"I do, believe me I do. But I can't buy a little baby in the store. It's a bit more complicated," she nods as she pulls me towards the fire place. We sit down and she brings a little baby doll and puts it in my lap. "You look good with the baby, change his diaper." She says enthusiastically and I do whatever she says to me.

"Can we put him to sleep now?" I ask her after some time when I am exhausted from all the playing. "No. You have to take him out for a little walk," she says sternly.

"I am pretty sure that he is too young for that." She starts laughing as she pulls the baby away from me, "I think you're ready, but Lauren will have to be always around just in case."

"Oh cmon, I would love my baby with everything I've got, I would take care of both of them I promise." She nods as she pulls me back towards the table, I am confused when the table is all cleaned up and the guys are nowhere to be found. Maya leads me towards the back of the house on the terrace and I can see them sitting around the table drinking beer, talking, laughing, Lauren seems so relaxed and my heart skips a beat when she gives my mother a hug and walks towards me afterwards.

"Hay baby," she says as she hugs me from behind tightly, her lips gently kissing my neck.

"Hey sexy," I answer and she slaps my ass slightly, "we watched you for a little while, when you were taking care of the baby, it was kind of cute. But you can't hold his head like that baby."

"It was a toy Lauren, a freaking toy. Of course I wouldn't hold our baby like that." She kisses my cheek as she hugs me even tighter, "am I crazy?"

"Yes you are," I answer.

"Stop it. Be serious for a second."

"Sorry baby girl." I pull her hands around me and squeeze them gently, I press a little kiss on top of her hand and she sighs deeply. I can feel it that there's something bothering her.

"Am I crazy because I am honestly thinking about having a little baby with you?"

"Oh? So I am that bad?"

"No, I didn't mean it like that."

"Of course you didn't." I answer sarcastically.

"No baby, you're not crazy, I want a little Lauren running around our house. With a beautiful green eyes and long black wavy hair." She sighs again as we both look at my family together, "they seem so happy."

"I know right? At least I know how that feels now, having a family, feeling complete. You're my home baby," I tell her as I turn around and hug her even tighter.

"You know I am pretty sure that your dad would be so proud right now, just as much as your mother is. She told me a few pretty interesting things about you though," oh my God no, how could I let that happen? No.

"What about me?" I ask worried about the answer. The only thing she does is smile, smile as she kisses my cheek and walks away smiling to herself. I stay in the place I was before watching the scene in front of me, my family really likes her. I feel happier than I ever did right now as I am watching her smile with the people that mean the most to me. If this is how love is supposed to feel I love the feeling, if this is what life is like supposed to be I am loving it. She is perfect and I love her, oh God how much I love everything about her.

---------------------------------------------------------
I'm sooo sorry for the late update :(
But I'm having a hard time writing this story right now, so I'll take some time to think about it. Either way there is another story called unexpected lovers on my profile so if you want to you can check it out. I'll probably work on that story for now, but I'll try to post a new chapter here in a few weeks? I really don't know sorry ...

Anyway, thank you for reading this :)) Have a good day :)