Chapter 20

I am finally going home today, Dinah is standing in front of the bed talking to Kylie, here is the thing, I should stay in the hospital for at least a month, but because I am a doctor myself Kylie allowed me to go home.

Lauren was furious of course I think that's the reason she went to work instead of picking me up and I think that's the reason why she was moving her stuff from her apartment to mine. She convinced Kylie that she has to be next to me all the time and Kylie bought it, so I am stuck with this dork in my apartment from now on.

"Ready to go?" Dinah asks me as she hands me the pills I am supposed to take home, I look behind her, I was expecting Camila too but I guess she came alone?

"Where is Mila?"

"She is in college." And you are lying I say to myself, I know her to well. "And the real answer is?" I say as we walk down the hallway, it's so hard to move and it hurts like hell, but I am going to make it to the car no matter what. There is no way I am staying here, "Kylie said that if you won't be able to walk properly they should keep you in here." Dinah says and I shot her a glare.

"I am not staying in that bed anymore." She laughs at the weird faces I make while we are walking and the lovely fake smiles that tell the doctors and nurses that I am ready to go.

"So where exactly is Camila?" I try again and she shrugs her shoulders as she says, "we made it official two days ago and I am not letting her near that Kelly." Very mature Dinah, you know the girls name perfectly.

"Kylie," I say to piss her off and she slaps the back of my head, it really hurts though and Dinah starts caressing the place she hurt instantly. I have to laugh at her because she was never really caring, I mean she has a great big heart but she doesn't show affection easily, I guess I will have to thank Camila for this.

The car ride to my apartment is quiet, she is asking me some weird ass questions but I am lost in my own world. I really missed this, driving in car with Dinah, music on maximum, singing our hearts out. I extand my hand towards the radio and turn it on, the car is basically jumping around and Dinah is looking at me like a child looks at his present. "I missed this," she mumbles thinking that I didn't hear her through the music.

"I missed you too," I say loudly and she slaps my shoulder and caress it afterwards. Is so cute to see frustrated and worried Dinah.

When we arrive she helps me up the stairs and she offers to stay until Lauren comes from work but I decline her offer, telling her that I am tired. The next thing I know is me, standing in the middle of my living room, looking around the place.

I feel weird in my own house, I got so used of Lauren sleeping in my arms that it will feel so weird to sleep on my own. I don't feel like this is it, like this is the place where I belong. I am looking out of the window waiting for Lauren to stop working, she told me that she will be here as soon as she is done. I told Dinah that I needed some time for myself when she brought me home and she looked at me suspiciously but nodded either way.

One more look at the world outside and then back at this house I call home and I start moving the furniture around, I am so caught up in my work that I don't hear Lauren coming through the door. She is leaning on the door frame just looking at me, "what are you doing?" I jump at her raspy voice.

"Damn it Lauren don't do that ever again," I say smiling as I look around the place that looks like a mess now. It literally looks like the bomb landed inside my apartment. "You haven't answered my question? What are you doing up on your feet when you promised Dinah that you'll get some sleep because you were so tired and why on earth is there a big freaking hole in the middle of your living room and the furniture is placed around it?"