Chapter 12

"What was the dream about Laur? Huh I always smell nice my queen, I am wearing your favourite t-shirt, is that ok?" She stills in my arms, her head shots up and her eyes soften as she searches for mine. I can feel her fingers gently caressing the exposed skin on my waist..

"I thought that last night was a dream, that you never came to see me, that you went away with that girl or Emily. You remember it? It looks good on you. That is true, you always smell nice but you smell like vanillia right now so that makes it perfect, that makes you perfect." She frowns at Ems name and I squeeze her hips, reassuring her that I am still here, that I am not leaving this time. Her eyes are so beautiful in the morning sunlight, I could watch her sleep in my arms forever.

"It's just you and me, no one else I promise." Her pinky is in front of my face in a second, you promise? She asks, her eyebrow raised and I nod, I nod even though I have no idea what's going on between me and Emily.

"Can I kiss you?" I shake my head and she pouts.

"We have morning breath baby," I try to assure her that I still want to kiss her with a little lingering kiss close to her full lips. She groans and pulls away from me, her hips move sweetly as she walks towards the bathroom, I just stay on the bed, looking at the ceiling until I feel a little squeeze on both of my legs and I can feel someone pulling me off the bed. I want a kiss, go brush your teeth. She says smiling like a child when I fall on the ground, I glare at her and she raises her eyebrows and runs away from me smiling like a little child.

The door of the bathroom almost closes in front of my nose but I am fast enough to slip inside. Her eyes are wide open as I push her on the door behind her, I can see the brush that's ready for me and I pick it up. I wash my teeth but I don't let her go anywhere, she is still in the same position that she was before. I look at her smiling and she gives me a smile in return as I put the brush back down.

Our eyes meet when I look back at her and my eyebrows are furrowed in confusion when she pulls me closer to her smiling like a little baby, shower, I hear her whisper and her hot breath on my neck sents shivers down my spine.

"Yeah we can take a shower together you're right." Lauren is shaking her head repeatedly. No! I mean shower sex.

"Oh? You want to have sex in the shower? Isn't that moving a bit too fast even for us?" Jerk, she says giggling, her hand slaps mine in the process. I know she is talking about the note from yesterday evening, but I can't help myself, she looks so hot when she is blushing. Take a picture it will last longer, she mumbles as her hands move around my neck, we both sigh happily when our lips meet for a second.

"I will if you get naked for me?" I get another slap from her, but she is smiling so I don't mind it.

"Lo, is this the first time you didn't forget about me in the morning?" The bathroom doors open, her finger points at the wall outside, I call it 'our wall' in my head.

"Since I've been writing things down I am getting better, it helps you know. I think it's been four or five days now." Impressive she is getting better.

"But there are still holes, it feels like this isn't even half of the things I should know about us. My speech isn't perfect either it comes and goes. But I am trying, I have a job that helps too, talking to costumers helps, I don't have to think about the things I am going to say to them, I just do. Susan said that I have to go through some tests though, she is worried about the fact that I am all of the sudden the normal Lauren when we spent two years looking at eachother almost in silence." I am a doctor and if a patient in the same condition as Lauren is in would come to me and said that he got better in a month I would be pretty worried too. The changes are not supposed to happen this quickly. Maybe that's why Susan sounded so mad yesterday, maybe she can feel that something is wrong. Note to yourself, ask Susan what's going on.