Chapter 16

Lauren's Pov:

It was hard, going through the day without her, I even started wondering how on earth have I managed to live without her for the last six years? Maybe it was the distance or my condition that it was preventing me from thinking about her, my memories are still a blurr to me, they come and go like the waves in the sea.

Y/N made me try harder, made me think harder, she made me wish and hope for a better tomorrow, she made me try to search for my past inside my head. It is hard though, when you're trying your best to remember something but there is no way that it will happen.

I am currently sitting in front of my window, looking at the pink sky outside, Y/N used to love it, she would wake me up in the morning sometimes just so we could watch it together, of course I acted annoyed when I opened up my eyes and hers were just an inch away from me, observing me when I was sleeping and waking me up from my sweet dreams.

Even though I always told her that I hated her for waking me up to watch such a nonsense, she knew that I loved it and I loved it because she did. It was simple, I got addicted to the things she liked and as the time passed us by I was so amazed by these little things she did, that I was the one waking her up earlier to watch the sunrise or I was the one who pulled her towards the window to watch sunsets.

I haven't watch it in ages, but tonight it seems so right, I have my brush in one hand, paper in front of me as I am trying my best to paint the picture situated in front of my eyes. It's not as good as it used to be, but I remember it like yesterday when I painted my first picture and Y/N told me that it might not be perfect to the world and it might never be perfect, but for her everything that I paint or do will always be even more than that.

Every night she put a paper in front of me and told me to draw something, I did, and after some time I was getting better. I didn't noticed it myself though, one evening she came into my room with the folder, she opened it in front of my eyes and pulled out every picture that I've made, one by one she put them down in front of me, and I could see it then. I was in fact getting better.

If there was a person in my life who didn't gave up on me, that was her, Y/N. Even when nothing seemed right anymore, she has shown me the way, maybe not directly but she helped. So what can I do now, when the only person who ever really knew me is no longer giving me the signs.

Just when I was about to paint something else Camila appears in my room, she walks slowly towards me, I see a little spark in her eyes that's been gone for this past six years. Her eyes search for something deeper in my picture and I guess she finds that something when her lips form a simple smile.

"I can still hear her saying, damn it Lauren you're not going to give up because you think that you don't know how to paint a sunset. If she could see this now, she would be so proud and happy." Camila says as she sits down next to me.

"Kylie said that she is getting better, step by step, sooner than later you'll be able to visit her. But her family will probably want to see her first, so we'll have to wait for a bit more." Her eyes were shining like diamonds when she mentioned Kylie.

"No more doctor Loyd I see." I say smiling and she smiles right back.

"I love this Lauren, I love it that I can actually have a conversation with you."

"Me too Camz, me too. I won't lie to you though, there are days when I can't even remember my name in the morning. But I look to my wall and everything falls back into the right places." Our fingers are intertwined, she is smiling but I know that she is thinking about everything. She tends to shut people out when something happens, I was a bad friend for six years, it's time to start fixing the mess I made.