┃12┃

They were back to the masters bedroom and she was placed on the bed with extreme care.

Night makes things ambiguous between a man and woman, comfortable but one cannot be spared from that fleeting moment which can turn even the air they breath seductive.

Yang slowly untied his black night robe and sat down on the bed, just beside her. She was about to sit up too but just one word from him caused her to lay where she was.

"Sleep." A simple and curt word yet filled with control.

She could only nod in obedience and watched his back with curiosity. What is he thinking about?

She was nervous too, after all it's for the very first time they'll be sleeping together.

However, her eyes widened when he slid down his robe and she was faced with a sight of those dreadful scars of wounds on his bare back.

She gasped and sat up. Her eyes shook in disbelief. The scars were old. Whip marks, stab wounds, gun-shot and even scratches of a wild animal.

What kind of life has her husband led?

Her hand slowly rose up to caress his back, feeling him go stiff when she touched those ghastly and horrifying scars. Fei's heart pained and her eyes filled with pity.

All of these scars were brutal and life threatening.

He'd gone through pain and suffering of life with dangerous obstacles laid on his path.

Were there also times when he has almost faced his own death? The thought made her heart churning into a painful twist.

She traced her finger on a visibly long scar. This one didn't appear like a wound from a dagger, instead more like a katana?

Assassins?!

Her lips trembled and she couldn't help clutching onto her chest where her heart laid with her other hand.

"I killed them all."

She heard him speak. His voice tinged with nothing but calmness of a mature man who has faced fate more cruel than hell.

"The people who tried to harm me, I killed them all." Yang bowed his head and took her hand from his back, pulling her to hug him from the behind and she obediently complied.

Her soft arms snaked around his muscular chest and she hugged him while her head rested on his shoulder.

"Why did they want to harm you?" She softly asked, wanting to know more about him.

"That's because I'm not a good man," Yang grasped her little hand on his chest and made her caress the scar on his chest. It was so deep that she could clearly feel it on her fingertips and her eyes couldn't help tearing up.

These scars..it must've hurt a lot when the wounds were infilcated.

"And my blood, they fear the blood which is running inside of me." Continuing, Yang closed his eyes and tilted his head upward when he felt her comforting caresses on his chest and his body burned with desires.

"I've killed many people." He said after a short pause and then opened his slit eyes, narrowing them as he asked. "I have tried to lay my hands on your father too. Do you not fear me for that?"

"My f-father?" Fei knew nothing of bloodshed as she has never been told about such things by her mother.

If he'd killed people, there must be reason for him to do so, she could only ponder that thought and pray for the deceased so that her husband's sins wash away.

Yang wasn't surprised at her reaction, he was expecting that. "Hmm.."

Her father was not a trustworthy man. The man tried to betray him by forming alliances with others but his plan was soon found out by Yang and that's where their marriage took place as he was too afraid to face death.

Seeing no other way, he offered his daughter's hand in marriage as the last resort for him to be alive and safe, knowing that she's been betrothed to him by the elders of the Lu family.

No matter how lovely his little wife was, her father was one scum of a man; vile and had no sense of conscience. He would have been long dead if not for his late father's promises to the elder Lu.

"I've.. never met my father," She mumbled. That took Yang by surprise and he turned his head toward her.

"You've never met him?"

She looked up into his eyes and shook her head. "Never." Her eyes were honest and pure, akin to a child.

He believed her but the news had taken him by surprise. Something doesn't fits right. He knew that she wasn't an illegitimate child and he also knew that she had been well-hidden from the world.

What reasons could be there for him to avoid his own flesh? For as long as he can remember, the Lu family had never indulge themselves in keeping mistresses.

"My mother said-" Fei stopped talking and looked at him with guilt in her eyes. She wasn't supposed to talk about her old home, lest mention her mother.

"It's okay. You don't have to tell me," He kissed her on the forehead. "Sleep"

"But I'm not sleepy," She innocently said, she had slept this whole afternoon and couldn't feel the need to sleep. "Can we talk a bit more?"

We can do something more interesting than a talk, Yang mused to himself but somehow he could sense that his wife wasn't aware of the matter regarding consummating between a husband and wife.

Yang could read minds by the look on one's face and not to mention she was as blank as a paper. Her carefree spirit and pure shyness of a little girl gives away everything which is inside her heart.

Has the head maid not told and taught her about those things or am I being too careful?

He didn't want to startle her yet.
He can take it slow.

"What do you want to talk about?"

"Ummm.. " She cutely placed her chin on his shoulder and giggled,"What do you like to eat, husband?"

Yang "..." A question only a child would ask.

Right now, I wish to eat nothing but you, my little wife. Yang looked at her beautiful smile and leaned forward to bite her bottom lip. "Does my wife knows how to cook?" He murmured.

"Of course!" She chirped.

He chuckled and pulled back,"I'm not a picky eater, darling."

"Then I'll cook whatever I'm praised for."

How about you serve yourself to me? I'd do well to savor your taste and devour your whole delicacy. His inner demon was more honest than him - as his eyes darkened in lust.

He smiled and pushed her on the bed,"Let's sleep, okay?"

"But I want to talk."

"Sleep."

She pouted and laid down, he sighed before joining her on the bed. His arms took her in his embrace and he cocooned her securely.

"Husband."

"Hmm?"

"When I open my eyes, you'd be here with me, right?"

His heart softened and he kissed her forehead in a response, his lips lingering there longer.

"Sleep. I'll be here."

A smile bloomed on her face. Seeing that he was already falling asleep, she closed her eyes too.

After a long pause, Yang suddenly opened his eyes to gaze down at her. There was a look of melancholy on his face as he fell into deep thoughts.

What are you doing to me, wife?

...