┃27┃

Yang approached the person who was cleaning the garden and brushing the floor with a wooden broom in his hand.

"You're here," Tao Lan said without turning around, the corner of his lips curled when he felt Yang stand beside him.

Tao Lan was the same age as him, he'd short hair and well-defined face features.

There was a natural mark on his forehead; people say that he was blessed with the third eye and that his Qi surpassed even his father's - who was none other than Head Tao.

Despite him following the way of God, his supreme instincts with nature on his side was something which made people fear him but not Yang; Tao Lan has been his spar buddy since they were kids.

The fact that he even defeated the young master of the Li family without using his arms was a big news of today's time.

Yang simply hummed and looked around the beautiful place; it was clean and peaceful here.

It was heaven on earth.

"I heard you brought your bride along with you, I thought you won't accept her till the day you die." Tao Lan wasn't even looking at him as he kept brushing the floor with focus.

His voice was like a gentle breeze, wanting people to keep listening to him but not Yang - it irks him whenever this man mocks him like he owes him a life.

"You seem quite interested in my marital affairs," Yang shot him a displeased look and reverted his gaze back to the sky.

Hearing the sour tone in his voice, Tao Lan wanted to keep teasing him as he continued,"I heard her beauty is something out of this world."

"How do you know? I remember you don't indulge yourself in gossiping. Have you changed since the last time I saw you?"

"I heard from my father's students about her beauty. They keep talking about her and are dying to catch even a glimpse of her." Tao Lan turned around and faced him, there was a knowing look in his keen eyes.

"And I'm not surprised to see that you'd already fallen for that beauty."

"She's beautiful to the point of being envied by the goddesses." Yang gloated with a proud look on his face, proud that he owned that beauty.

And he's a man too. Which man won't fall for a beauty so otherworldly?

Tao Lan nodded with a hint of mirth in his eyes and gave a mysterious response. "I know."

"How do you know?" Yang scoffed.

"My eyes see what you don't."

"What do you mean?" Yang frowned when he heard him. The man before him doesn't bluff and is capable of anything which is unnatural and out of this world.

"Did you see her?" He glared at him, wanting to open the man's skull and find what was going on inside.

Tao Lan just smiled at him and didn't say anything.

That smile was just like an eyesore to Yang's eyes and he pursed his lips. "She's mine."

"I didn't say she's not."