┃52┃

Because it was getting really late, Fei somehow convinced the maids to retire to their bed for rest

Because it was getting really late, Fei somehow convinced the maids to retire to their bed for rest. They were quite hesitant at first but gave in when she showed them her worried and kind doe-eyes. 

The whole manor was now quiet. There was a deep silence; no sound in the air except the breeze which would lightly brush away the fallen leaves of the trees on the ground outside. 

Fei smiled to herself, remembering how last winter, she didn't get the chance to spend this season together with her husband.

This time however, she really wanted to spend it with him and experience how it feels to share the same warm blanket on a cold winter night. 

She was lost in her own little world when suddenly all went dark around her. Startled, she quietly gasped and looked around in fright.

Hushed silence which was already there at first now made her afraid in the dark as she cowered in fear and looked for any source of light but before she could manage to, sounds of footsteps approaching her made her lose her focus and she fell into a daze.

He is back. 

Standing still against the window, she shivered when she felt him getting closer and closer to her. At the same time, the moon which has been hiding behind the clouds slowly peeked out, illuminating the darkened world with its produced moonlight. 

Naturally, the couple were now so close that Fei could even make out his kohlled eyes in the dark which glinted beautifully with a dignified sharpened glow.

She couldn't utter a word, not by will though. However, even the man didn't make any effort to say anything for a very long time. 

This silence was only inevitable, considering how their last conversation ended in the telephone call. 

Yang could clearly see the expression on his wife's face even in a small amount of lighting. A helpless fawn, all but timid before him after all the fit she threw; this is how well he could describe at the moment. 

He took a step closer and then, another until he'd cornered her perfectly. 

To this, Fei subconsciously placed her palms on his chest and strained her neck upward to gaze into his eyes in submission.

“So..” The man lowered his head a bit, watching how fresh tears welled up inside the woman's eyes. “..you've got nothing to say now that I'm here?” His baritone voice cut through the deafening silence in the living room, not sharp yet extremely empowering. 

Fei's legs wobbled and Yang took notice of it. His large hands took a grasp of her tiny waist, and his fingers slightly moved in a sensual motion on her figure as he felt her body quite lewdly.

Then he bowed his head and kissed her cheek before shifting his lips underneath her eyes to kiss that lone tear which escaped her eye. 

His physical comfort provided his wife the warmth she's been yearning for weeks and this made her extremely delighted as she smiled.