┃06┃

Her light steps fell on the floor as she passed the corridor with the bird-cage in her hand but a sudden sound of a booming thunder startled her form, causing her to yelp in surprise and her hold on the cage to lose, only for it to end up dropping...

Her light steps fell on the floor as she passed the corridor with the bird-cage in her hand but a sudden sound of a booming thunder startled her form, causing her to yelp in surprise and her hold on the cage to lose, only for it to end up dropping on the floor.

Oh my!

Her heartbeat stopped. Oh no! Her precious birds! She quickly crouched down, unaware of being watched by someone's heated gaze.

"I'm sorry. Did it hurt?" She cooed at her birds lovingly before hurriedly checking if they've gotten hurt because of her clumsiness.

After making sure that all of them were fine, she sheepishly smiled and apologized to them as if they could understand her words really well.

"I won't let it happen next time, I promise, okay?" She apologized to them. "Today you all will be staying in my bedroom, sounds good?" She giggled. "You see it's going to rain soon and I know that none of you like it." She stood up and was about to bend down to pick the cage, but as if finally feeling something amiss that someone was watching her, she looked up, getting instantly rigid when she saw the looming silhouette of a man.

"..." Her.

"..." The extremely good-looking man.

So what if good-looking, not more than her husband she was sure.

Wait! A man!

Thief?!

She brainstormed with an unexpected assumption and then she realized that they've been staring at each other for awhile. Wait! Her face!

"Ah!" She quickly covered her face. A thief saw her face! Nothing came to her mind as her feet felt cold and body trembled in fear.

She should run or scream or hide. Yes! Hide! With that thought she quickly hid herself in the nearest space possible, wrapping the curtain around herself like a cocoon.

Oh no! Oh no!

However, on hearing the sound of someone running toward her, she looked up. Spotting the head maid, her eyes turned moist with relief.

"What happened, mistress? Are you alright?"

She was here.

Fei hurriedly hid herself behind her savior and accusingly pointed her finger toward the..handsome culprit.

A handsome thief.

"T-Thief." She managed to voice out a mumble, but what she heard the very next moment almost caused the ground beneath her feet to slip.

"Master?"

"..." Fei.

H-Husband?

Nothing came to her mind at that moment so she did what she thought was for the best. Run!