┃29┃

Fei quietly looked at him and then glanced down, seeing that she was really sitting on him with her arms around his neck.

???!

With a surprised gasp, she quickly scurried away but then realized that her ankle didn't hurt anymore. So, she crouched down on the floor and touched her foot slowly, making sure that it didn't hurt.

Oh.. It doesn't hurt anymore.

Yohan was too mesmerized by her simple innocent actions and he couldn't help but ask,"What is your name?"

Fei slowly looked up at him but didn't answer him and then started searching for her veil somewhere with her head bowed while she was on the floor.

Seeing her childlike actions, Yohan thought that it wouldn't even be surprising if she digs herself under the grave to hide her beauty.

Spotting her veil on the floor at the corner, Fei quickly crawled there like a cat and picked it up to finally veil herself by draping it above her head, covering her beauty sensibly.

"I've never seen you here before." Being ignored by the beauty, Yohan didn't feel offended and continued to ask, too desperate to know anything about this fairy.

Which noble family did she belong to?
He at least wanted to find out whose daughter she is.

"L-Leave, please."

Her husband might come here any moment.

"..." Yohan, who was not known to her inner dilemma. Can she just be grateful about him helping her earlier?

He observed her veiled face and had an urge to snatch it back, so he did.

Fei "..." She didn't veil herself for only it to be snatched away by him again.

Flustered, she quickly palmed her face and pleaded,"G-Give it back, please?" No matter how much people trouble her, her voice was always kind and gentle.

"No." Yohan fisted the veil in his hand and walked toward her, to which she responded by backing away on the floor.

"If you want this-" He waved the veil in air and demanded,"Then you've to answer my questions firs-"

"Yohan!"

A booming and earth shaking voice yelled, taking both of them by surprise. Fei hurriedly ducked behind a pillar and observed as a man with overbearing aura marched toward them with seven men following behind him.

Yohan turned rigid in his place before he turned around, only to get his neck squeezed by the voice's owner.

"Are you trying to ruin our family name?!" The man seethes in fury,"Do you know how much shame you're causing to our family?"

The man bellowed and Fei trembled behind the pillar, seeing both of them fight.

What is going on?
Was he the person who is after this Mister's head? But why would a person want another man's head? It didn't make sense to her.

Yohan jerked his hands away from the neck, coughing a fit as he tried to explain,"Brother I was jus-

Brother? Fei blinked in confusion.

Yohan was ruthlessly punched on his face, causing him to fall on the floor. Fei's breath hitched and it was heard by the unknown man as his sharp eyes narrowed on the figure in red who was desperately trying to conceal her presence, though failed as he had already sensed her since the time he came in.

Sheng Yinghao momentarily ignored her and gestured his hand toward his men to take his brother away.

Yohan tried to struggle but was dragged away with force,"Brother, just a moment! Please! Just a-"