┃40┃

"Should I punish you for your ill-manners?" Yang looked up, expecting her to be fearful but what she offered him was a seductive smile, a smile that told him that she was asking for it.

In that moment the man did something which he'd regret later, and what he did was lowering his guard against her. He thought that she was planning to seduce him.

Little did he know..

"Won't my husband kneel for me?" Tears left his beautiful wife's eyes and something flashed within them but he couldn't catch on it until an effect slowly started to dawn upon him.

"Do you not love me, husband?" She asked.

The more he stared at her, the more he sensed that he is losing an uncalled inner battle with his mind.

The man's eyes turned bloodshot and he clenched his jaw to bite down on his wavering control, soon realizing that he'd no way out of fighting against her.

Suddenly his eyes constricted in disbelief. He'd underestimated her, the man realized too late.

How did he not realize it?

She was.. using her charm on him again and it was working, making him succumb to something that he don't wish to think about.

But alas, she'd succeeded in entrapping his thoughts. Slowly and slowly Yang lost his will, his senses and his whole heart to those eyes.

When one loses his rationality, he leaves his true heart feelings out in the open, vulnerable to the eyes of an enemy.

And Fei had that power to make a man lose his rationality.

Her facade was peeled off by him and because he wanted to know what power she'd over him, she was now showing it to him whilst also looking for his vulnerability in the process.

"What do you even know?" He whispered, entranced, not really in his senses, slowly losing it all bit by bit the more he stared into those eyes.

His eyes dazed, body rigid and breathing labored.

"What..do you?"

What.. does.. she even know?

Does she.. know how badly he's fallen for her? Only God knows how he felt for her. What she knew was just a little of what he actually felt for her.

Does she know that he could die for her? Does she know that he could kill for her?

She knew nothing. The extent of his love, she was still unaware of it because he concealed them, not wanting to weaken but now he is letting it all out.

"What do you even know?" Yang lost to her, his voice wavered and his eyes moistened, bloodshot red with tears of desperation, love and something even more deeper than love.

The man was completely entranced and now he was leaving his feelings all out in pain, for her to know how much her existence mattered to him.

Yang lost himself completely, hypnotized.

"I know," She said, sounding sympathetic. Fei slowly lifted up her hand and cupped his right cheek, feeling his body trembling in desperation.

"You don't." Yang's voice was painfully hoarse, sounding painful and helpless. "You don't."

"I know," she repeated, her tears trailing down the corner of her eyes.

"No, you're lying." The man succumbed to her charm. His wounds, the love he craved for since he was a child, the absence of his parents, the cruelty of this world and the fact that no one wished for him to be alive; what this life had given him and what it had made him feel all were out in the open, twisting his heart into a painful numbing sensation.