┃07┃

She was peeking at him while her hands held a tea tray with difficulty. Her heart thumped as she bashfully watched his handsome self reading a book.

He seemed a bit different from what she had imagined him to be, not entirely but he was more good looking than a handsome prince.

Liang Yang was a young and good looking man indeed but his features were sharp and majestic which made him look unapproachable. Instead of a prince, the man was more like a king who rules.

A shy smile lit up on her face, seeing him so engrossed in the reading. Did he like reading? She liked reading too.

Biting her lips, she contemplated whether to go inside and disrupt his reading, feeling troubled at the thought of getting him displeased.

Her other hand slowly rose up to knock on the door and then she timidly knocked twice on the door.

Knock!

Her face instantly blushed when the man looked up which made her shyly lower her gaze.

For a moment, there was a deep and long silence. She gulped, feeling his burning stare. Is he upset? She didn't dare meet his eyes.

Yang gazed at the little grown girl who has seemed to capture his thoughts since the time he arrived here. Even reading a book wasn't helping his thoughts as he kept remembering her bewitching beauty.

The man slowly closed the book in his hand and leaned on the sofa before resting his arm on the armrest in a relaxed manner.

"Come in."

His masculine voice was calm and patient as he watched her struggling to come inside whilst bowing her head, hiding most of her face while doing so.

Seeing her standing stiff with a tray in her hand, he raised his eyebrows. He'd been wondering why he didn't get the tea he asked for.

Well, the maids of this manor can be sly at setting things up.

Yang watched as his wife stayed unmoving as if she wasn't planning to sit unless he allowed it.

Sighing, he said to her. "You can sit, sweetheart." His tone of speaking caused Fei's heart to flutter and she shyly nodded in a response before timidly walking toward him and then sat on the floor beside his legs.

"Not here." He touched her arm lightly, causing her to jolt at the sudden closeness when he made her sit on the sofa beside him.

His cool and steady breath fanned against her cheek, turning them red because of shyness.

Yang was helpless, watching her so shy and flustered in his presence but there was no such matter that he couldn't handle calmly.

"You're not supposed to sit on the floor, you're the lady of this house."

"But mother-" She instantly stopped herself from saying anything further, remembering that she wasn't supposed to speak about her previous home and timidly looked up at him before asking permission for her to speak.

"M-May I?"

Yang was calmly looking at her, bemused.

She has been taught and raised well, he could tell but that didn't mean he actually wanted her to follow those strict rules of a wife their household have been carrying since ages.

"My dear, you don't have to ask for my permission to speak, that is your right." He firmly said to her with a pointed look on his mature face while gazing down at her expressive deer-like eyes.