┃24┃

Yang stared at the man who was cowering and shivering while kneeling before him on the floor.

"Why is he still alive?" He turned toward his aide with a bored look on his face as though discussing something trivial and not just death of a living person.

"My apologies, young master." Zhou Shwan slightly bowed his head and replied in a cool tone. "I thought the master would want to kill this man himself."

"Do you think I'm that bored?" Yang shot him a displeased glance and uttered."I've a wife in my home." He gloated with a proud look on his face as if he meant to say,'I've a lovely wife in my home, do you think I'd want to waste my time on this?'

Home and a lovely wife, yes.

He's proud to have both of them now. Right now, he just wants to spend his time with her. Even just watching her is interesting to him while she does those little lovely activities; like gardening, embroidery and making stuff for their home with her own lovely hands.

Just a while ago, she was busy making a clay pot to keep flowers for the living room.

He was helping her make it until the head maid informed him that Zhou Shwan is here for some reason.

Apparently this cowering man wanted him assassinated a month ago, the time he was about to hug his wife to sleep after hours of love making.

Being informed, he went to the west wing side of the manor with his hands still covered in clay because of the earlier activity.

The west part of the manor which was hidden from his wife and the place where his pets are kept, he went there - only to find this man begging on the floor.

His mood went sour and he casted another cold glare at Zhou Shwan.

"..." The aide pretended as if he couldn't just feel the side of face his burn from his harsh glare with a stoic face, though a drop of cold sweat did trailed down his forehead in fear.

He'll take a note to not disrupt his master's time with his missus.

His master is now truly smitten by his wife and wouldn't want to spend a single second away from her.

"Let the boys play with him, they haven't feasted on a human's flesh for a while. They'd be happy," He uttered those words, sounding bored and uninterested, not wanting to spare any more time to this pathetic situation.

"Yes, master." Zhou Shwan shot a glance to his sideman and the sideman quickly dragged the pathetic life of a man to the beasts his master referred to as 'boys'.

The man had no power to resist as he was faced with deadly looking beasts before him.

"Aghhhh!" His screams reverberated through the whole hall, as he was being gnawed and bitten by those so-called pets.

...

Back to the master's courtyard, Yang went back to his wife and sat behind her with his chest against her back before enveloping her hands to mold the clay.

"Is your work done, husband?" Fei sweetly smiled at him and guided his hands to be gentle and patient while molding the clay into a beautiful shape of a pot.

"Yeah, sweetheart." He kissed her cheek and continued to make pots with her. Four beautifully-shaped pots were made and were given to the head maid to do the after work.

"Husband?"

"Yes, wife?"

"Can we visit a temple? To ask for the blessings for our marriage?" She hesitantly looked at him, not sure if he'll agree with the idea.