┃23┃

"You can't catch me, husband," She giggled and ducked away like a bird, slipping through his arms and ran away from him, sprinting to the corridor.

Yang cocked an elegant brow at her, casually walking while staring at her with a hand inside his pocket.

"I'll make you swallow those words once I catch you." His baritone and deep voice husked.

The man dashed faster than the lightning and effortlessly pulled on her waist, carrying her like he was holding a doll with only his one arm as he calmly passed through the corridor.

Caught off guard, Fei squealed and continued flailing her arms and legs in a fruitless effort to get away from him.

Yang scoffed before cooing at her teasingly,"Ah-huh? Were these the lips which claimed to that I can't catch this birdie I've in my arms right now?" He squeezed her cheeks, causing her lips to pucker adorably as he ran his index finger on them.

"Teasing is a bad thing," She struggled her words out through her squeezed up mouth, sounding like a toddler.

"Is that so? What about you trying to paint a duck on my forehead while I was asleep, wife? Is that a good thing to do?" He raised his brows, scolding her in a manner, though his eyes couldn't hide the love he'd for her.

"I was trying to paint a frog, not a duck, husband," She breathed after her cheeks were released by him.

"That makes it even worse," His face darkened. If not for his instincts, he'd have been made into a clown by his dear wife while he was asleep.

He woke up the moment he sensed her fragrant smell but didn't open his eyes, thinking that she was just sweetly playing around, however he soon realized her intentions and pinned her down on the bed, catching her in the act with a paint brush in her grip and her eyes widened like a deer caught in a headlight. Thinking about that, Yang scoffed inwardly.

This little..

She's turning quite mischievous these days, not that he minds, but he'll make her behave as it's one of his favorite things to do once in a while.

"So, how do you want to be punished? Should I make you drink raw eggs or would you like to stand against the wall? Choose." Done saying those sadistic ways, he smirked when he felt her frozen in his arms.

So, now she knows what she did was wrong.

The man looked down, seeing her peering at him like a child who had been caught doing something bad.

In a time like this, her pitiful gaze doesn't work on him; he knows all too well that she's just a little vixen inside her heart. Like a legendary concubine who can make the emperor crawl to her seduction and cause him to lose his empire with a mere look of her eyes.

She's that kind of thing.

His little wife must be one of those vixen in her past lives, to own a beauty like her was a great deal for any man.

"What? Aren't you choosing? Should I decide on both then?" Watching her watery eyes, he asked.

"H-Husband, please forgive me. I just did it so it could bring fortune to your business," She gave a childish excuse, after all frogs do symbolize fortune in Chinese myth.

Yang just scoffed and made his way inside his study room, taking her to her punishment with her legs dangling below as he walked.

...

She pouted, facing the boring wall while regretting her naughty actions.

"Husband?" She called but he didn't respond, calmly going through his business in hand.

Yang was wearing a simple white shirt with a few of his shirt buttons undone, revealing his tanned and muscular body.

A pair of spectacles rested on his nose bridge and it made him even appear more superior and mature for his age of prime.

He calmly flipped through the pages of a document and read it before signing it with his bold signature whilst also raising his eyebrows when he heard her begging for his attention.

"Husband, please! Talk to me," She pitifully cried, trying to gain his attention. Fei doesn't like being ignored by her loved ones.

"I'm sorry," She mumbled but he still didn't respond. "I'm sorry, husband. I won't do it again. Please forgive me?"

Her legs hurt after minutes of standing and she was getting bored. This was a torture to her crafty self.

He just ignored her heartlessly and placed his chin on his fist, supported by his elbow on the desk.

He'd more ways to punish her but this one turned out to be his favorite.

"Husband," She leaned on the wall like a lazy kitten. "My legs hurt."

"Stand properly," He ordered sternly.

She obediently stood up straight, facing the wall. Of course, she couldn't see him but could feel his eyes on her.

"My legs are hurting," She mumbled, feeling sleepy and wronged. The punishment was too much for what she did.

"Husband."

Few moments later, she heard him finally speak.

"Come here."

With a happy grin, she quickly hopped onto his seated self, landing on his lap.

"Did you forgive me?"

"Um," He hummed, slightly bending down to touch her leg,"Does it hurt?"

She nodded, innocently gazing into his eyes. He was so handsome when he wore glasses. Her heart was overly smitten and she smiled at him sweetly.

Yang sat up straight before gripping her waist with both of his hands and made her sit on the desk before him.

As docile as she was, Fei adjusted on the desk, still looking at him with her bright and innocent eyes.

The man picked her small foot and started massaging it,"Did you realize your mistake?"

She blushed being cared for as such, wanting to pull her leg away but he tugged on it domineeringly whilst also giving a look with his deep eyes.

She pursed her lips and nodded, feeling her heart beat. Such a mature man, taking care of her like that. Anyone would feel overwhelmed with emotions.

"Good girl." He praised her and continued to massage her dainty feet with gentle hands. "Will you pull such naughty pranks on your loving husband again?"

She shook her head, eyes fluttering down in shyness. She won't dare because she hates it when he ignores her.

"I won't, husband."

"Good, now it's time for another punishment."

???!

"W-What punishment, husband?"

He didn't say anything and just pulled her down before pinning her on the desk, half of her body leaned on the flat surface and her bottom perked out, looking inevitable to his eyes.

"This is your original punishment, darling." And he won't refrain himself any more.

...