┃35┃

Yang decided that it would be better for them to spend the night here, considering his wife was too tired to even move a little.

He gently caressed her beautiful face but his eyes couldn't help trailing back to her bruised chin.

The bruise was faint and slowly fading but the man had no intention of forgiving the person who was responsible for her pain.

Sighing softly, he pressed a firm kiss on her smooth and fair face lovingly. If he gets to know the person who was behind it, only death awaits the pathetic excuse of a man who has raised his hand on a fragile woman.

The person was lucky that his wife was too kind to not sell him out even when she was on the brink of fainting while being tortured by him.

She was stubborn when it came to another person's well being but was selfless when it came to her own self and he loathed that fact.

Why can't she just be more selfish?

He could only wonder how she'd been raised into such a beautiful person. Her mother must be a really kind woman to teach her daughter the important roles of being a woman, letting her grow so beautifully into such a fine young lady.

The man was rendered helpless.

After undressing his upper body, Yang pulled his woman in his arms and covered her fully with the quilt. His movements gentle and slow, enough not to break her sleep.

The night was peaceful for the husband and wife but was sleepless for the two men Fei had encountered the same day.

...

Yinghao stared at the open dark sky, his eyes particularly glued to the moon in a silent admiration while his thoughts traveled back to the woman whose beautiful face couldn't seem to leave his mind for a moment.

Of course, he knew that she was married. Married to a man who is known for his bloodline and had a notorious reputation.

Yinghao had known Yang for years as they both had grown into the same environment of nobles. Although they only had a few encounters, the relationship between them was just out of curt politeness.

They weren't friend's nor were they foes.

They were just men with the same kind of background and were from the same path which started with blood and ended up being shed by their filthy hands.

Yang was a formidable man because people who are after his life had failed to find his weaknesses after his father's death, who was the only true family to him since he was a child.

No matter how much they tried, they weren't able to do anything to the man.

He'd been attacked in the worst ways possible but had escaped the clutches of death at every single attempt of his assassination as if the man had been granted with a curse named 'immortality'.

The man had simply been forged to become cruel and bloodthirsty because of his enemies who were after his life since the day he was born.

It was even surprising to the other major noble families to find him still alive after facing all the life threatening situations.

They couldn't even imagine being in his shoes because they were aware that if they had been in his shoes, they'd have been long dead.

Yang had brutally killed his own family members because he deemed them as traitors who were responsible for his father's death and it was the truth.

Although spared, elders of the Liang family feared him and nobody was brave enough to not agree with his decisions.

Yinghao knew all of it and thus never cared to bother with this powerful man but now..it's a different case because he'd witnessed something which he shouldn't have, perhaps.