┃37┃

Yang's eyes were unfocused. The man was lost in deep thoughts and his mind was still ringing with those words the old woman had said about his wife.

Something did feel off about the Lu family. They were aristocratic, though noble but not included under the Jain-Mang's wing.

In simple words, they were forsaken by the eight major families, including the Liang's but the marriage had a certain impact in this relation as they had regained some leverage out of this arrangement which was uncalled for after his father's death but Yang didn't back away, so he could keep his father's words.

They were true men, backing from one's words wasn't given in their bloodline nor was it in their principles to do so.

Yang was born in the year of the dragon and so was he a true retainer and the pride of this clan.

The nature of a dragon was embedded inside their bloodline, symbolizing their bravery, royalty and wisdom, the reason why they were so respected in his father's rule.

However, now the current patriarchy who was Yang, the cruelest among them all, was feared by the elites because of his cruel nature but at the same time, was respected by the commoners because of his favoritism towards them.

Different from his late father, Yang was a beast, wounded but undefeated till this day.

In his opinion, his father got his life taken because he was too merciful and wise. After that cruel incident, Yang gave up the path his father had chose for him and that's where he embraced the other path which was evil.

...

"Shwan, find out what the Lu's are hiding." His voice fell in the room heavy with command. "About my wife, search whatever you can find about her relation with the Lu's. How they treated her and her mother before this marriage."

"Yes, master." Zhou Shwan had a look of hesitation as he stared at his master and it was noticed by Yang. "What is it?" He asked with a sharp glimmer in his eyes.

"Master, I wasn't so sure to inform you about this because of your relation with the madam but-" The hesitation appeared again and the young aide sighed before bowing his head in helplessness, unsure if he should continue speaking.

"Shwan, what is it?" Yang frowned upon seeing one of his trustworthy men in such a dilemma and inquired. "Is it about the Lu's again?"

"Yes, master." Zhou Shwan nodded and lowered his gaze. "Forgive me for not informing you this before but they.. "

The more Yang listened to him, the more the air in the room became suffocating and he slammed his hand on the desk before him.

"They haven't changed, huh?" An angry chuckle erupted from his throat and he nodded toward his aide. "You know what to do, compensate the one who has suffered because of their deeds."

"Shouldn't we warn them, sir?" Zhou Shwan asked, seeking permission but was denied as Yang darkly muttered. "Not now, we'll warn them for their discourtesy.. but not now."

"Understood, master." The aide took it as his queue and left the room, leaving Yang to deal with own thoughts.

Sighing, he leaned against the chair with his thoughts traveling back to his wife. He'd let the matters of her family go, all because of her but now he wasn't sure what to do.

The father of his wife had always targeted the weak. The coward of a man had grown some balls as the case seems to be for now, and this time he was targeting his own city's people like that.

They need a long discussion before that vile man plans to do something more outrageous to the common people in Yang's rule and city.

With his eyes closed and a deep frown on his handsome face, he tried to find a way to deal with this sudden problem his so-called father-in-law had created for him.