Prologue (read at ur own risk cause its super cringy😰; might change it soon)

"Maple, why are you so nervous?" A young girl with neatly braided hair with gems dazzling her appearance, looks at her worried brother with uncertainty and concern. The two are at the beach and she believes it's too nice of a day to have burdens. She continues building her sand castle while watching the waves move up and down on the seashore. The ocean breeze makes her smile because she knows she's destined to be here.

The boy, on the other hand, becomes nervous. He continues mumbling contradicting sentences together, trying to figure out the best way to approach his sister. Finally he sighs and sits down on the sand next to her. The setting sun brings him relief and hope washes over him. He turns to his sister who's building her castle.

"Amy, can you promise me that you will trust me?" The boy requests.

The young girl stops playing with the sand and turns her attention to her brother. Her accessories jingle as she tries recalling the definition of trust. Only being in first grade, her vocabulary is limited unlike her brother's. "What is trust?" She asks, confused by the complicated term.

Her brother smiles softly, "you believe in the reliability, truth, and ability of me."

The little girl ponders on such an advanced word. She looks into the sand as if trying to find the answer to her questions. She frowns when she realizes the possible truth. "No."

"What?"

"I said no!" The young girl snaps, eyes blaring with rage. Her brother gapes at her sudden change. She is not the one to get angry, but will do so if something irritates or contradicts her opinions and beliefs. The brother and sister look at each other in silence. The warmth of the evening soon turns cold. The boy shivers and tries to keep warm by letting the sun raze beam on his skin. His sister continues to stare deep into his soul. It isn't the freezing evening making him shudder, it's his sister's glare that he will remember for years to come. And her words will never be forgotten as it unwelcoming in graves itself into the boy's mind.

"Maple, I will never trust you."

——————
Okay, come to think of it this part is really random 💀 BUT it does help the story??? 😭