✩* ⋆ 10 ⋆ *✩

·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ Aftermath ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙

America POV

I hear the clock ticking every few seconds. My heart races as I dread the words coming out of his mouth. My hands shake on my lap. Cold sweat runs down my face. I take in a deep breath only for it to come out shaky. It feels like eternity waiting for punishment. I want it to be over. I want this to be a dream.

The door to the office opens. I dare not look up. I can already feel his disapproving glance towards me. His footsteps echo through the office. I look up at him, then back down at the ground knowing I'm in the wrong.

He clears his throat, "Thirteen colonies. Canada."

"Yes father." Canada and I say in unison.

I hear him set his tea down on his desk. "I know what you two did." I swallow my saliva. The silence is unbearable. "Now tell me, what really happened?" I made sure I was the first to speak up. If I don't, Canada will find favor.

"Father, yesterday a country stole my necklace. The necklace Mom and you made me. I found her today and, out of rage, beat her up." I look at him, helplessly. "I didn't want to lose the only memory I had left of my hero." I feel tears forming in my eyes, but to Father it's a sign of weakness. I look down at the ground, not wanting him to see the tears forming.

He hums in acknowledgement. Silence. "How about you, Canada?" Father asks.

Canada sits up straight and looks directly at him, "Father, the girl mistook Thirteen colony's necklace as her own. Thirteen have used violence against an innocent soul." Hearing him defend Ukraine enraged me.

"Father," I speak up again and look directly at him, finding some hope to defend my point of view, "as you have said family comes first and strangers come last. Canada defended the country by kicking me to the ground and telling me that the country should've burned my necklace. I do not believe it is justified."

Father hums in acknowledgement, deciding on what to do. In any situation, Father would always side with Canada. I will always get in trouble for doing the right thing. Suddenly, his phone rings. He picks it up, "hello?"

"I'm coming home tomorrow mon amour!" Mommy says from the other side. Canada and I look at each other, both excited despite our current situation. "How's America and Canada?"

Father smiles, "they're getting used to their new school. How's my beloved Australia and New Zealand?"

"Boarding school is awful!" I hear Australia whine.

"Yeah! We had to get up at 5 am in the morning! I hate that place. I'm so happy I'm coming home!" New Zealand says loudly.

"See you guys soon, I have to discuss something with Canada and Thirteen right now. Goodbye!" Father chuckles.

"Bye Father!" Australia and New Zealand scream. Father ends the call and looks back at us.

He sighs, rubbing his nose bridge. "It's been a while since you two fought." Canada and I look at each other then back at Father, scared for his next words. "Canada, never stand up for people other than family unless they have my approval." Canada nods his head. "As for you," Father turns to me. I patiently wait for my punishment, as I always get one even if I'm right.  "Stay away from that country. Engage in fights if you have to. We have to show others that the English family is strong and will never be defeated." Father beams with pride.