✩* ⋆ 5 ⋆ *✩

Beloved

America POV

My stupid brother is pacing around the living room, scared as f*ck. He always acts like this when his crush is coming and I'm getting tired of it. Yes, it was cute but now it's irritating.

"Calm down Maple. It's not like you can't live without her." I groan, falling onto the couch. Canada stops in his tracks.

"You don't understand what love feels like. You break hearts left and right."

"Maple, you're the one who told me to do that in the first place." I roll my eyes.

"I suggested the idea. I never forced you to." Canada explains. "You even found it fun last time."

"No, I only found the crying Pola funny." I corrected him.

Canada looks at the clock on the coffee table and starts worrying again. "It's been 18 minutes. Why isn't she here yet?"

Can he shut up? I stuff my face in a pillow. After what seemed like an eternity the doorbell finally rings! I hear Canada's heavy footsteps as he makes his way to the front door.

"Nada!" Ukraine cheers. I sat up to find the Ukrainian hugging my awfully sweet brother. Canada giddily hugs her back, clearly forgetting the gloomy Russian standing in front of him. If I remember correctly, his name is Russia. He is one of the sons of the Russian Empire. Many say he's a handsome yet intimidating country. He honestly doesn't look like much. I expected more.

"Ukraine." Russia says with authority. I see Canada's hand twitch. At least he has self control, unlike me.

"Sorry." Ukraine apologizes. She retreats to her brother's side.

"What took you two so long?" I ask. "Maple got so worried." I smirk, embarrassing my brother. Canada whips his head around and sends me death glares.

"Ukraine was finishing up her project." Russia walks in the house and sets his backpack down on a stool. So China was right. The Russian then sits on the other end of the couch, keeping a distance from me. After all, we are strangers. It's normal.

"Sorry Nada. China kept threatening me to finish my part of the project today"  Ukraine holds Canada's hands apologetically. "Even though he and Germany didn't finish their part." Ukraine mutters.

"It's alright Uki." Canada smiles. Ukraine quickly looks towards the side, definitely blushing profoundly. My oblivious brother starts saying sorry repeatedly.

"Can you shut up?" Russia glares.

"Sorry." Canada says for the millionth time. Oh Canada!

Ukraine and Canada start talking about all sorts of things while Russia and I awkwardly watch them. I could be sleeping right now, but Canada wants me to listen to their conversation because he's scared he will make a fool of himself. When is this over?!

I feel a tap on my shoulder. "Yes?" I ask. The Russian has found his way next to me on the couch. There isn't anything better to do, so why not start a conversation with him.

"I need your phone number." Russia says plainly. I raise my eyebrow in suspicion. Why does he need—

"Russia, she has a boyfriend." Ukraine overhears us. Thank you very much, Ukraine. I can handle this on my own.