✩* ⋆ 12 ⋆ *✩

·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩  Was it Sardines?  ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙

America POV

"Bye Russia!" I smile. Tonight has been eventful. Canada and Ukraine accompanied my parents and thankfully Russia and I got dragged out of there by my two younger siblings. Though they're goofy, they can get me out of boring and unpleasant situations. I lean on the door frame and watch Russia get into his car. We had so much fun. I hope our friendship lasts.

Canada stands next to me. He waved goodbye to his now Ukrainian girlfriend who gets in the car. I can't believe this. Father approved their relationship. "Love you Uki!" He calls. Ukraine rolls down the window and blows a kiss towards him. I can tell Russia's angry as he starts driving the car away. If we weren't that bored, he could've prevented it. Now, Canada has made his life much harder.

When the car isn't in sight, we head back in. "Maple, Amy was flirting with Russia the whole time." New Zealand groans.

"I did not." I huff.

"Yeah you were! Aussie and I saw you two making out in the closet. We pretended not to know anything." New Zealand smirks. She saw?! "Aussie's plan worked. We already set up cameras beforehand to catch the action. You are really bad at playing sardines." New Zealand chuckles.

"Camera?!" I scream.

"What can I say? Amy can't resist Russia." Canada smiles. The two give each other a high five. Gosh how I hope Father doesn't find out.

"And then they started making out! Can't you believe it, Father? Amy is in love!" Sh*t Aussie! You retard! This is why I don't tell you anything. I look at Father, knowing I'm in deeper trouble. Not only did I fight in the household, I kissed a country!

Father stares at me, a dead expression on his face. I swallow my saliva. "Is this true?" He asks, walking towards me. I look at him, shivering in fear. I know my siblings are all worried, but they will never defend me when Father is angry.

"Yes Father," I take a deep breath, "but I do not like him." I look at the ground and fumble with my fingers.

Father lifts my head up harshly. His glare pierce my skin. "What did I tell you about boys?" He growls. Cold sweat drips down my face as I stare at him trying to remember the words. "You are not to talk to him again." He commands.

"Why not?" I snap. Father looks surprised. I can't help, but grin at my accomplishment only to then receive an agonizing slap in return. I hold my cheek, wincing in pain. I see my siblings stare at me in shock. I know they want to help me, but because they don't want to anger Father even more.

"Thirteen. You know the reason why. He is not to be trusted." Father fumed. He's so controlling! I can't do anything with him around.

I sigh, "I seriously don't know. My memory is getting worse." Father seems to relax a little. He straightens his posture.

"Come with me to my office." He says. I obediently follow him. I look back at my siblings, vexed at their presence. None of this would've ever happened if they just kept their mouth shut! The three of them guiltily meet my gaze. "This is why I don't tell you anything" I mouth before entering Father's office.

The same feeling from before came back to me. I will never find favor in his eyes. No matter how hard I try he doesn't think I fit his standards. I sat in front of his desk. My heart is beating fast. I take deep breaths to calm myself. It will be quick and painless. Right?

Father makes his way in front of me. He places his tea down. Using his staff, he makes my head look up at him. Tears sting my eyes. It's too much. What will he do this time? He sighs, "Thirteen. What do you see in this Russia?"

I looked at him confused, as I didn't expect him to ask me such a question. "He's a friend. Nothing more." I respond, trying to uncover his intentions.

"I've heard you hang out with him and his friends a lot." He explains. I stare at him in shock. Canada probably told him. After all, he usually tells Father everything. "Why is that?" He asks, trying to read my facial expressions.

Why is he so interested in Russia? Is it because he didn't talk a lot? "Canada's friends hate me." I admit. Father takes his staff off my chin and sits down in his office chair, listening attentively. "Ukraine initiated it. She was the one who stole my necklace. Out of rage, I hit her and in response she played the victim. I was called cruel, heartless, and crazy. I was the outcast of Canada's world so I left it and found my own friends who care for me. I hope you understand."

With that said, my plan worked. Father immediately jolted up and stormed out of the office calling for Canada. I chuckle to myself. I don't have to get beaten today!

Father storms back in, dragging Canada by the ear. I pretend to be sad by fidgeting. Mommy comes in worriedly. "Mon amour, what's wrong?" She asks.

Father breathes heavily, "the Ukrainian has stolen from this household before." Mommy stares at Father in shock.

"Uki would never!" Canada protests, only to be shoved onto the ground. Canada turns to me, realizing what I've done. "America you liar!" He screams.

I hold my hands up in defense. "I would never lie to Father! Besides, I have proof from the school's security cameras that she in fact took my necklace." Canada glares at me.

"What's going on?" New Zealand peaks through the office door. Her face pales when she sees how angry Father is.

Mommy tries calming Father down by reassuring him that Canada won't ever talk to Ukraine ever again. My Canadian brother starts protesting, only to be shut up by Father. "Canada, I have my eyes on you. If you ever talk to Ukraine again," he chuckles deeply scaring the sh*t out of me, "you don't want to know what's coming." Father loves order and he hates it when someone revolts. Me saying these things will help me win his favor, though I don't need it. Canada's the favorite and he will always stay in that position.

"Let's get you to bed. You're too stressed." Mommy kisses Father on the cheek and hugs him. She leads him out of the office. "Amerique. He'll discuss things with you tomorrow. Now, go to sleep, my babies."

When she leaves the room with Father, I blow a sigh of relief. My body was so tense from the interaction. I didn't know that it'll go this well. "America. Why did you tell him?" Canada sniffs.

I never expected him to cry. He never does unless someone close to him dies. Now I feel bad. Was this the right choice? "Maple, I only told Father the truth. He asked me. Was I supposed to lie?" I mutter.

He turns to look at me. Tears stream down his Maple cheeks. "I love her, America. I want to spend the rest of my life with her. Now that Father doesn't want me to talk to her," his voice starts cracking as more tears flow down his face, "I'm hopeless." I feel my heart shatter looking at my brother. My big strong older brother. Maybe it is my fault. I went too far. I crouch down on the floor next to him and hug him. He sobs onto my shoulder and grabs onto me tightly.

"I'm sorry." I whisper.

‧͙⁺˚・༓☾ see you next week 🫡 ☽༓・˚⁺‧͙