✩* ⋆ 18 ⋆ *✩

·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ Thanks? ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙

America POV

Father found out that I was still talking to Russia and China. He told me that a janitor told him about the many conversations we had. I tried explaining myself, but he shushed me. It caused me to be more anxious. My hands started shaking and I was ready to run out the door when his cane flew up into the air.

Weirdly enough, he told me to relax as he knows I did it for the greater good. I was stumped. I flinched when he patted my head. I thought he was going to push me to the ground. But no—he started praising me.

Obviously to show I'm well mannered I bowed slightly. I kept saying thank you to the compliments he's giving me. I couldn't help but smile. Father never applauded me for something unrelated to medals. I have never done anything in his favor until now. This is a period of time I will never forget. The way my Father's face is pleasant and cheerful. The way he chuckles. I'm in an alternate universe.

Father never does this; this can't be Father. It has to be Father. I am confused. "Father, I ask you not to tell Canada about this." I mumble, looking pleadingly at him. I swallow hard, "if he knows, our relationship will be shattered."

Father hums, swearing that this is a secret between us and Mommy. I know he will keep his word, but will Mommy?

Father smiles at me, "you are now free from my ban. From now on, you are able to talk to the angels that saved your brother from the devil."

Ironically, Russia and China are the devils; Ukraine is an angel. Either way, the ability to control my own life makes me joyful. I walk out of Father's office happily and make my way to my room to FaceTime Russia and China about the news.

Once they heard about it, they were both surprised. "We can't meet up at the janitor's closet anymore. I never knew he would be listening to us speak." Russia chuckles, scratching his head.

China rolls his eyes, "it's the safest place. Unless you want to meet up under the stage again. Remember how that went?"

The Russian groans, trying to think of another place to meet up. "We can try the library. The librarians never go to the back corners where all the kid toys are. That should work." I suggest.

China shakes his head, "North Korea hates that place. He will scream if he sees the Mickey Mouse plush." I look at him in confusion.

"I'll take it out—"

"It's attached to the wall. We will be damaging school property if we try ripping it out." China says. "I tried once. I had to pay a hefty fine for the damages." China recalls, angrily.

"The gender neutral bathroom." Russia suggests. I look at him grossly. I do not want that incident to happen again! "No one uses it besides the athletes after school."

"There has to be better options." I chuckle nervously. "How about the roof?"

"It's winter," China deadpans. "The bathroom is the best option for now. I'll tell North Korea and Vietnam."

Russia nods his head in agreement. I sigh. I don't want to be in a bathroom discussing things! "It's so unsanitary!"

"Better than the cold." China rolls his eyes jokingly. I groan and shove my face in my pillow.