✩* ⋆ 1 ⋆ *✩

Beginnings

America POV

It is the first day of—school. Old man and I debated—more like arguing about the matter. For some reason, he still does not listen to me!

Trust is an unheard word in a school full of future leaders. Fighting, bribery, and drugs are all present. I told the old man about these cons. But to my surprise, he does not care!

"Believe me. Human schools are way better." I have said. My old Father will not spare a glance. His nose is always stuffed in a newspaper. At least Mom listens to me—sometimes.

Off I go to UN high school! The high school with the weirdest name in the universe. "UN" usually means no. That means I'm not transferring to a high school! How exciting!

"Hurry up, Amy! We have to go!" I hear my stupidly thrilled brother scream. Ever since Father made the announcement, my brother started making breakfast for him every day to show gratefulness for this opportunity. On the other hand, I started going out more often, which enraged my Father. Hopefully, he will admit his wrongdoing soon.

"Amy!"

"Go without me!" I groan. My door slams open. In comes my awfully-sweet brother. He stomps into my room, looking like a burning kettle. Smoke stems from his ears as he makes his way toward me. I grin, knowing everything he's doing is to win Father's favor.

Canada's face succumbs to guilt. "I don't want to go too, but I want us to make new friends."

Seriously? That's his excuse? He already has a billion friends. "Fine." I say, buying into the "us" statement. Canada smiles, happy that I'm cooperating with him.

"I knew you'd say yes!" Canada cheers, "Come on let's go, Father is waiting for us in the car." With that, we leave for UN high school.

'^'

I can not believe my eyes. This high school is gorgeous. It resembles a government building with its pillars and golden gate. The front yard is magnificent. The flags of all the empires surround a fountain.  No matter how beautiful it is, I hope I get the best education.

Upon walking inside, I see floors made of marble, ancient statues and monuments, and, best of all, a floating chandelier. So majestic and futuristic! There are historical paintings on the walls as well. Father and Mom are on it! Gosh, this is amazing!

"See, I told you that you needed to come." I hear Canada snicker. I close my open mouth and walk inside, ignoring his stupid comment.

As I walk into the main hall, I see lots of students. All of which are in their respective groups. Some are fighting, some are screaming, and some are flirting. A typical high school, but different. These students will soon govern their countries–unless the empires eliminate them for power.

"You two must be new here. Nice to meet you! My name is Germany." I hear a voice from behind me. I turn around to find a blonde smiling at my brother and me.

Oh, it is him. According to Father, he is the son of a Nazi. I heard he is super analytic. He can come in handy if I don't mess up our relationship.

"Hi, Ger-many! My name is Canada, and this is my sister, Thirteen." Canada smiles.

"Nice to meet you, Germs." I smile, unintentionally calling him a Germ. The one time I tried to be friendly. My mouth has a mind of its own.

"Please don't call me that." Germany attempts to keep a smile, but his mouth twitches.

"Why not?" I pout. "You are a pesky little Germ." Sh*t, I butchered my first impression. Great. Now he obviously doesn't want to be my friend. Good job America!

Canada chuckles nervously, "Sorry about my sister. She has mood swings in the mornings."

"As a matter of fact, I do not!" I huff.

"Keep lying to yourself." He rolls his eyes. I kick his leg, hoping for his downfall. I suddenly realize all eyes are on me. Could this day get any worse?

Germany clears his throat, "Anyways, the principal told me to give you two a tour. If you'd like, follow me." Canada and I look at each other.

"Je ne veux pas y aller." I say.

"Moi non plus. Cependant, nous ne savons rien de cette école. Je pense que l'Allemagne peut nous donner de bonnes informations." Canada explains.

"Okay, Germs. Lead the way." I groan.

Canada and I follow the German around the school. I can't help but notice all the eyes on us. Some are confused, while others beam hatred. I nudge Canada's arm to get his attention. He turns to me, visibly confused. "Maple, everyone's staring at us."

Canada looks around our surroundings. "Hey, Germany. Many students here have a predatory gaze when they look at my sister and me. Any clue why that is?"

The German turns around and scratches his head. "Well, we never had new countries come to this school before. All the empires sent their children to this school because they wanted their children to get the best education; everyone here grew up together." Canada and I look at each other and then back at Germany. "Don't worry. Give the countries a few days. They will open up to you." Germany reassures us.

"That doesn't explain why they're looking at us like prey," I mumble. The German already started walking in another direction. Rude. "I guess we will have to seem powerful. I can tell these countries don't think much of us."

Canada sighs, "I guess you're right. Let's try making friends first. We'll see how it goes. Germany seems nice." He smiles at me. Canada is always fond of stepping out of his comfort zone, while I isolate myself from others. I don't trust anyone. Not yet, at least. Canada will be my experiment. If he can find someone who trusts him, maybe I can too.

"Go do you." I shrug.

Germany's head peeks out from the corner, "I thought you two were following me. I was about to bring you guys to your first-period class."

✧༺♥༻∞    1    ∞༺♥༻✧
1026 words
Ps art not mine
See you next week ☺️
Art above is my representation of Germany

Love ya
(◍•ᴗ•◍)♡