8

Double date

America POV

"I love you Uki!" Canada smiles.

"I love you too Nada!" Uki giggles, hugging Canada's arm. The two love birds make me feel lonely.

Right now, China, Canada, Ukraine, and I are walking to Vietnam's mom's restaurant for our double date. I got forced to come by Canada and China. I don't want to see Vietnam!

I feel China holding my hand. I have the biggest urge to slap him hard in the face, but Ukraine is here and we are outside. If I hit China, it will be assault.

"美国, are you alright?" China asks, sensing my discomfort.

"I'm just... You know what, I'll tell you the truth." I take a deep breath before looking at China, "I don't like Vietnam."

China doesn't seem surprised, as if he knew all along. He shrugs. "I don't blame you. She can be a pain in the *ss sometimes, but she's one of my best friends since elementary school. I can't break our friendship."

"Stop talking to her." I say, "spend more time with other countries."

China grins. "Why so demanding? Are you jealous?"

"Jealous? No." I chuckle. "I know she wants to kill me because of you."

China hums in acknowledgement. "As I said, she's my toy. I can control everything she does. You don't need to worry." For some reason, his words bring comfort.

"We're here!" Ukraine shrieks, "you're the best, Nada!"

"Uki don't thank me, China picked out the restaurant." Canada chuckles, grabbing Ukraine's hand. The two walk in, leaving us behind.

"I honestly believe that Canada and Ukraine are perfect for each other." I say.

"I don't think so. Canada needs to pass five tests before he can ask Ukraine to be his girlfriend. That's what Russia said." China shrugs. The f*ck? Tests? How high of a standard does he have for his sister's future boyfriend? We walk in and situate ourselves in the seats across from the two lovebirds.

"Uki, you're so cute." Canada cups Ukraine's cheeks. The Ukrainian blushes at the compliment.

"Stop! You're cuter!" Ukraine giggles. What a lovely couple. I wish I could find love like that. I look at the menu, trying to decide what to get. Maybe I'll try their famous dish: Pho. I feel China leaning onto me. He's dozing off to sleep! I can't support your weight!

"Welcome to Pho! What may I get for you today?" Vietnam appears out of nowhere, kind of scaring the sh*t out of China.

"I would like Banhi Mi and Cha Gio." Ukraine smiles. I didn't even see her look at that menu once.

"I'll like the Bun bo hue." Canada says, closing the menu.

"And for you handsome?" Vietnam hums. I want to smash her head into the wall!

"The usual." China smirks.

"I'll get Pho." I say. Vietnam nods her head towards China, completely forgetting the other customers at our table. She rolls away on her little roller skates.