9 - Kiba/Shino - Team Mates

Kiba was reluctant to leave his faithful ninja hound akimaru behind, but it was just for the evening.

He'd been invited to a party, celebrating Sakura and Ino becoming Jonin, and the girls had gone overboard to have an awesome celebration. Unfortunately a man sized ninja hound didn't fit into the plans as it was likely he'd get overwhelmed by the drunken chaos that was definitely going to end up happening.

So, now he trudges along, alone, toward the party. Running a hand through his hair, he attempts to fluff it into a nicer look with one hand while the other hand rests in his pocket. He suddenly feels sloppy and childish when he rounds the corner to find Shino waiting for him.

Somehow, Shino always knew what Kiba was going to do before even Kiba knew. And he stood, perfect posture and sunglasses glinting under a tree, waiting for him. He inclines his head slightly, his emotionless face barely peeking from over his jacket. This was a different jacket, new and unwrinkled with his clans crest embroidered on the sleeve.

"Am I overdressed?" Shino's monotonous voice broke the silence as he began walking along side Kiba.

"Nah, you should be fine. That's a nice jacket." He beams, sharp canines glinting, and Shino nods in acknowledgment.

They reach the party quickly, music thumping loudly inside and an already drunk Naruto hanging over a balcony and giggling as he waves at them.

"Heeeey Guys!!~"

A hand shoots out and grabs his collar, wrenching him backwards into the building. Ino pops her head out, waving and clearly swatting Naruto with her other hand.

"Come on in!"

Shino turns to Kiba, quickly reaching out and straightening his rumpled shirt before nodding.

Kiba grins, good old Shino always looking out for him. Slinging an arm around his friends shoulders they enter the house.

Since the end of the war they'd all been celebrating in little ways, letting themselves be happy in ways they hadn't been in awhile. This was most clear when they saw Sasuke and Sakura.

Sasuke is reclined on a comfortable seat, eyes half lidded in an expression strangers would see as boredom but that the present ninja read as uncharacteristic contentment and relaxation. Sakura is draped over his lap, snuggled into his neck and sipping a drink.

Ino could be seen dragging Naruto downstairs to keep him from falling off the balcony. He whines petulantly before wriggling out of the coat Ino was holding onto, darting off toward Hinata and hiding behind her.

Kiba looks away from the situation Ino was trying and failing to handle to see Sai and Lee discussing ..something? Sai was slipping Lee's drink away from him and scolding him, at least it looked that way from the disapproving shake of his head. Shino sighed in relief and Kiba knew he was very relieved that they wouldn't have to deal with that particular ninja's aggressive drunken behavior.

They hadn't really stopped walking since they watched Ino and Naruto, idly drifting toward the table laden with drinks and food at the far side of the crowded room.

Shikamaru wasn't here, no doubt on a trip to the sand village to spend time with his girlfriend and her brothers. So Choji was scarfing food without anyone to tell him to slow down.

Kiba clapped Choji on the back, startling him.

"Careful! You might choke!" He teases. Choji grins at the smaller ninja, pausing his eager snacking.

"Kiba!! Finally! You two are the last ones to arrive! Did you see Naruto yet?" He snickers, and Kiba rolls his eyes.

"Was that your doing?" Choji waves his hands and shakes his head, empathetically denying the accusations.