32 - Draco/Harry - My Secret

Harry was sure that the situation he was in wasn't something he ever could've predicted, and he'd had a lot of weird things happen to him.

It all started with the Gryffindor quidditch team throwing a party to kick off the start of their star players final season before graduation.

And it changed Harry's life.

. . .

Someone clapped Harry on the shoulder, shouting something with a grin and raise of their cup before stumbling off into the crowd. His shoulders were starting to hurt from all his heavy handed housemates stopping by to give him their well wishes.

Yeah he knew it was a big deal for the boy who lived, hero of the wizarding world, star seeker to graduate but this was getting ridiculous.

Unfortunately it wasn't a party seperate by houses. It was cool to see his friends from Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw, sure, but Slytherin was also in attendance.

They were in the shrieking shack, only 16+ students allowed. There was alcohol and party potions, making most of the Slytherin agreeable. They tried to work past their families dark pasts and the trauma of the last few years in a desperate attempt to make up for all the years they wasted being pretentious.

All except the prince of pretentious behavior, Draco Malfoy.

He hovered at the edge of the party, sneering at his drink peers and coldly rebuffing anyone who tried to talk to him.

Ron notices Harry's staring and slings an arm around  his shoulders. "Why the f- fuck did he even come if he planned to pout the whole time."

Harry shoves his drink friend off gently, "Jesus Ron you're wasted." He moves to take the bottle of alcohol from his hand and Ron sidesteps him and laughs.

"Th's one isn't real 'arry. It a Fred and George special, a spin the bottle bottle that will point to whoever you want."

Harry is fascinated for a moment, before Rob starts going on about girl on girl and Hermione and Lavender. He quickly backs away from his drunk friend, leaving him talking to himself as he slips outside.

Everyone was being annoying and weird tonight, except Draco.

The thought barely finished when he rounds the corner and runs into non other than the blonde himself.

Draco's hand shoots out and grabs a fistful of Harry's sweater. He sneers, holding Harry back at arms length a moment. "Well, I knew I'd have to deal with you sooner or later."

He pulls Harry up, and they stand there for a moment before Draco drops his hand from Harry's sweater. They look at each other, and then look away pointedly.

"So, Malfoy, how've you.. been?" Harry knew he would regret asking but he scuffs the ground with his shoe and reminds himself that Draco was as much a pawn in their childhoods bullshit as he was.

Draco looks at Harry warily, "Better. Thank you, for you know, not losing to v- th-  ... to that fucking snake faced prick."

Harry notices how Draco chokes, familiar titles and names for the former dark lord leaving a sour look on his face before he spits out the insult. Harry felt weird about how much he related to that. Smiling a little he nods, relaxing.

"Wouldn't dream of it. Is the, uh, party not to your liking?" Harry smiles, lightly teasing Draco to change the subject.

Draco scoffs, finally looking Harry in the eye. "Oh yes, I quite enjoy watching my peers get drunk as sailors and dry hump on every surface."

Harry laughs, it catches both of them off guard but that only makes it funnier. Draco cracks a thin smile and then chuckles, looking away from Harry with a pink blush dusting his cheeks.