𝕣𝕖𝕢𝕦𝕖𝕤𝕥- 𝔸𝕕𝕒𝕞 𝔹𝕒𝕟𝕜𝕤; ℙ𝕣𝕠𝕥𝕖𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕧𝕖

𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕨𝕒𝕤 𝕣𝕖𝕢𝕦𝕖𝕤𝕥 𝕓𝕪 49ersFTW 𝕚 𝕙𝕠𝕡𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕝𝕚𝕜𝕖 𝕚𝕥

I was beyond excited when I arrived at the hockey rink with my boyfriend, Adam, and the rest of the Ducks for our practice session. It was a brisk Saturday afternoon, and the air was filled with the sounds of skates slicing through the ice and the thud of pucks against the boards. I laced up my skates, feeling the familiar chill creep up my spine as I stepped onto the ice.

As we began our drills, the energy was high. Dean, our resident prankster, was up to his usual antics, trying to distract us from our drills with his witty comments. Adam shot me a knowing glance, and we both chuckled at Dean's antics.

We were in the middle of a scrimmage when disaster struck. Dean, always the aggressive player, charged towards me, attempting to steal the puck. In the chaos of the moment, I lost my footing, and with a deafening crash, I collided with the sidebars. Pain shot through my shoulder, and I cried out in agony, crumpling to the ice.

Everything became a blur as Adam and the other Ducks rushed to my side. "Are you okay?" Adam's voice was filled with concern as he knelt beside me.

I winced, clutching my throbbing shoulder. "I'm not sure. It hurts like hell."

Connie and Julie, our team's medic and voice of reason, arrived and helped me sit up. Connie examined my shoulder carefully. "It might be a dislocation. We should get you checked at the hospital."

I nodded, grimacing as the pain pulsed through me. Adam's fury was palpable as he turned to Dean, who was standing nearby, looking guilty. "What the hell were you thinking, Dean?" Adam shouted, his voice filled with anger and worry.

Dean stammered, "I didn't mean to, Adam, I swear!"

But Adam was beyond reasoning at this point, pushing Dean angrily. "You need to control yourself out here, Dean! This could have been serious!"

Fulton, Luis, Jesse, and Charlie, our level-headed teammates, quickly stepped in between Adam and Dean, preventing things from escalating further. They were the peacemakers on the team, and they knew how to diffuse tense situations.

Connie and Julie helped me to my feet, and Adam put a protective arm around me. "We're taking you to the hospital right now," he declared firmly. I nodded, grateful for his support.

The hospital visit confirmed that my shoulder was indeed dislocated, and the doctor popped it back into place. It was excruciating, but I couldn't help but feel relieved that it wasn't something worse. Adam stayed by my side throughout the entire ordeal, holding my hand and offering comforting words.

Back home, Adam became my personal nurse. He made sure I was comfortable, helped me with everything I needed, and even cooked my favorite meals. He was gentle and caring, a side of him I hadn't seen to this extent before. It touched my heart how he was willing to go to such lengths to take care of me.

The days that followed were filled with rest and recovery. Adam was at my beck and call, ensuring I had everything I needed. He refused to let me out of his sight, not even for a second. The Ducks came to visit regularly, offering their support and apologies, especially Dean, who felt incredibly guilty about the accident.

But Adam wouldn't let me return to the ice until he was absolutely certain I was okay. He consulted with Connie and Julie, ensuring I followed their instructions for a proper recovery. It was frustrating at times, as I longed to be back on the rink with my teammates, but I knew Adam was only looking out for my well-being.

One evening, as the sun dipped below the horizon, casting a warm glow through the window, Adam sat beside me on the couch. He took my hand and looked into my eyes with a soft smile. "You're healing well, babe. But I want to be sure you're 100% before you go back out there."

I leaned in and kissed him, grateful for his unwavering support and love. "Thank you, Adam. I wouldn't have made it through this without you."

He hugged me tightly, promising to be there for me every step of the way. Our love had grown stronger through this ordeal, and I knew that when I did finally return to the ice, I would have my fearless protector by my side, ensuring my safety and happiness on and off the rink.