𝔽𝕦𝕝𝕥𝕠𝕟 ℝ𝕖𝕖𝕕- 𝕊𝕥𝕒𝕪 𝕎𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕄𝕖

The crowd roared as Fulton, my boyfriend, skated across the ice, the puck at his stick, racing towards the opposing team's goal. His agility on the ice always impressed me, and I couldn't help but cheer along with the crowd as he maneuvered through the defenders. The hockey game was intense, and I was thoroughly enjoying the excitement.

But then, in the blink of an eye, everything changed. An opposing player, seemingly out of nowhere, body-checked Fulton into the side bars with an ear-splitting crash. My heart plummeted as I watched him crumple to the ice, his helmet clattering beside him.

"No, no, no!" I muttered in shock, my hands flying to my mouth as I watched in horror. The rink fell silent, save for the concerned murmurs of the spectators.

Bombay, the coach, and the referee rushed over to Fulton. My heart raced, and I couldn't move from my spot in the stands. Dean, one of Fulton's closest friends and teammates, immediately skated off the ice to be with him.

Minutes felt like hours as they attended to Fulton, and the paramedics were called onto the ice. Panic coursed through me, and I felt helpless. I needed to be by Fulton's side.

A gentle touch on my shoulder jolted me from my stupor, and I turned to see Dean, his eyes filled with concern.

"Come on, let's go to the hospital," Dean said, his voice steady despite the worry etched across his face.

I nodded, and together, we made our way out of the arena. Dean and I followed the ambulance, our hearts heavy with fear. The drive to the hospital seemed endless, every moment punctuated by the haunting memory of Fulton's fall.

Finally, we arrived at the hospital, and I practically sprinted to the front desk.

"I need to know which room they've taken Fulton Reed to," I pleaded, my voice trembling.

The receptionist glanced at me sympathetically, tapping away on her keyboard. "He's in room 307, sweetie."

Relief washed over me as I thanked her and hurried toward the elevators. Dean was right beside me, silent but steadfast.

When we reached Fulton's room, my heart clenched at the sight of him lying in the hospital bed, still and pale. Machines beeped and wires snaked around him, monitoring his vital signs. The doctor assured us he would be okay, but he needed time to recover from the shock and any potential injuries.

I took Fulton's hand, tears streaming down my face. "Stay with me, Fulton," I whispered, my voice breaking. "Don't ever leave."

Fulton stirred, his eyes slowly opening. He managed a weak smile as he squeezed my hand gently. "I'm not going anywhere, babe," he murmured, his voice raspy.

Dean stood silently by the door, a relieved smile playing on his lips as he watched Fulton and me.

In that moment, surrounded by the beeping machines and the sterile hospital room, I realized how precious every moment with Fulton was. Life could change in an instant, but the love we shared was unbreakable. As Fulton drifted back into sleep, I knew that as long as we were together, we could overcome anything that life threw our way.