Chapter 23

Recap: ...why won't the universe let me leave...

You P.O.V.

I was now in the kitchen with Seonghwa. To maintain sanity and not lose it, I offered to help Seonghwa with some of the baking. He was overjoyed that I'd want to help. Guess he's been dying for that sort of bonding experience.

"You can do anything that doesn't involve the stove, can't risk you harming yourself," Seonghwa tells me. 'okay?...'

Both of us agreed on spaghetti. Okay reading the recipe it shouldn't be that difficult. Seonghwa begins cooking the meat while I deal with the pasta. I swore he would sneak glances my way smiling.

Eventually both the sauce and pasta is ready to serve. We make our plates and claim our seats on the island counter within the kitchen. The demon vampire pours us both glasses of water before sitting back down.

He takes a bite of the food we made together and is satisfied with the taste, "Pasta is well made. Have you baked before we found you?"

"As a preteen I'd occasionally help or bake for me and my parents," I answer. Suddenly was sad over the thought of them. "...They used to enjoy each dish I made and would buy me all ingredients if they wanted me to make them again."

"You seemed to bond well with your parents, I love that for you," Seonghwa replies.

"...What about you? Were you close with your parents?" I ask him.

He got awfully quiet after I asked the question and focused on his plate. Hated how I felt bad for asking something he's probably not comfortable talking about.

"I-I'm sorry if I upset you or anyth-"

"No. It's not that...I've lived for so long that I can barely remember them. They're faces are like a blur in my memory," Seonghwa tells me.

Now I feel more bad. I assumed least the hybrids in the group would have parents. Couldn't imagine how long he must've been alive to forget something as his parents. Are the other guys like this too? So all their actions can be explained by parentless behavior?

I put a hand over his to show my sympathy for him. He smiles a bit as he intertwines our hands together. After that talk we wash and put away the dishes.

"Go grab a pair of shoes and hoodie, I have something to show you," Seonghwa orders me. 'Oh no...please don't drag me to a gym god no...I'm not built for exercise, he should know that...'

I do as he asks and make sure to grab the biggest hoodie I have. Once putting them on, I meet Seonghwa downstairs. He smiles as he takes my hand and leads me outside. As soon as we step outside he wraps a piece of cloth over my head, covering my eyes.

"Uhh Seonghwa?"

"Relax, I want it to be a surprise. No peaking," Seonghwa tells me. "Hold on tight."

He wraps his arms tight as possible around my body. I opey him not daring to let go. Suddenly my feet are off the ground and hear sounds of giant leather wings flapping in the wind. This makes me hold on tighter not wanting to fall to my death.

I forget how much time had past. Eventually he gently floats down and could never be more relieved to touch the ground again.

"You can remove the blindfold now," Seonghwa informs me.

I untie it and look around in amazement and awe. Never have I seen a forest more enchanting in my life.

The plants and trees glow brightly as the sun sets

The plants and trees glow brightly as the sun sets. Small glowing orbs float around, discovering they're some kind of pixies. They hover around while playing along minding their own business. The grass was more green than most places I've seen it grow.

Seonghwa was hesitant to let me go as I take a few steps away to take in all the scenery. He remained close so I wouldn't go that far.

"Do you love it?" Seonghwa asks.

"I do, everything is so beautiful...how did you find this place?" I reply.

"My grandmother used to bring me here as a child." He explains. "May not remember my parents but did love her very much...she meant the world to me."

So least one of them had a caring parental figure in his life. Losing her must've made him the way he is now.

My body acted on its own as I cup his face in my hands. My lips press against his. His eyes widen taken back, but pulls me in as he returns it. What started as a kiss turns into a makeout session. He's the first to pull away.

"...I love you Y/n," The man confesses.

"I..." Do I say it back? Even if I don't feel the same? Would he get mad if I don't? "I...I love you too Hwa."

Excited by my response he kisses me again. He takes my hand as we walk together through the luminescent forest together. Seeing the lights dance in his eyes did something to me. Think I've officially developed stockholm syndrome at this point.

To Be Continued.......