II

"Did you not sleep last night?" Jieum eyes her best friend, disturbed at how she had her entire upper body sprawled over her desk

"Did you not sleep last night?" Jieum eyes her best friend, disturbed at how she had her entire upper body sprawled over her desk. "Were you up all night playing Valorant or something?"

Yona hums. "Roblox, actually."

"You're weird. Humans aren't meant to be nocturnal, yet you are." She simply shrugs at the statement.

It was 8:03am, and the morning bell was about to ring. Yona and Jieum always came to class early at a designated time which was 7:30. Although that meant less sleep for Yona, her best friend was one of the few things she treasured so she gladly did so.

As time went on, more and more of their classmates began occupying the once empty classroom. It didn't take long for the annoying kids to lounge around.

In a high-pitched voice, the queenbee of the class, Grace, hovers overs over them to welcome herself. "Hey, Jieum. Hey, Yona!"

Yona didn't bother to lift her head up to show the extroverted girl that she acknowledged her presence. "Hey, Grace," Jieum takes up the role to do so and genuinely smiles at the sweet girl. "How are you?"

"I literally had the most whack morning in the world. So, you see..." was all Yona heard before she started zoning out.

Yun Grace was popular for many reasons: she was bubbly, friendly, smart, aspiring to be a doctor, beautiful, charming, etc. No one had a reason to hate her, she was simply perfect.

However, it was too early in the morning for Yona to entertain Grace. Instead of listening to her, she keeps her head down and pretended that she was by nodding repeatedly.

While most of this graduating class had smart students, there were always people like Yona who don't give a flying fuck about school. She honestly took her youth for granted, and everyone in class was well-aware of that.

When Grace finishes blabbing off, she walks away from Jieum, with her energy maintained, to entertain someone else. "Why are you so cold to her?" Jieum asks.

Yona finally lifts her head up to talk to her best friend. "She's kinda annoying," she sighs. Jieum has always been a people pleaser who struggled with moral values, so of course she would talk to Yona's opposition.

"You're just jealous that she's everything you want to be." One side of Jieum's lips turn in a playful way. Yona pauses for a moment, trying to figure out if her friend was being serious.

To play it off, Yona annoyedly smacks her, "Not true. Yuck." Yona pretends to nonchalantly fix her gaze to Grace, but her eyes soften when it lands onto her genuine smile.