X

A couple days later, the rumours that were floating around in class were indirectly confirmed

A couple days later, the rumours that were floating around in class were indirectly confirmed. At lunch, Yona and Jungwon sat together with his arm over neck and her head resting against his broad shoulder.

Although they got intense stares, they didn't mind them at all. This was all so natural. As per usual, Jungwon was looking at the window while Yona was napping. They were being their regular selves, the only difference was that they were being their regular selves together.

"Ah," Jieum sighs as she watches the two from her seat. "My friend has forgotten about me."

Grace chuckles, "They're in their honeymoon phase. It won't last long, don't worry."

Jieum turns to her seat mate with a bewildered expression, "What?"

"Yang Jungwon is too good for a low life like Jang Yona," the popular girl bluntly asserts. "One day, he'll get bored and tired of her. I mean, compare their rankings in our class. He's in top 5 and she's in the bottom 5. Embarrassing on her end."

Grace, the social butterfly of the class, was shit-talking Yona behind her back. Jieum was appalled, but she couldn't say anything. She didn't want to be on Grace's bad side. Defeated, she stays silent.

After a few minutes of rest, Yona's eyes flutter awake. She removes her weight off of his shoulder. "You're awake," Jungwon notes to himself. She hums.

He was euphoric that he was able to spend time with Danah—Erm, Yona, like this. In her previous life, they barely had any sweet time together because of Rose. It was a good thing the Stray was long dead.

"That was a phat nap," Yona cracks both sides of her cramped neck. "Your shoulders are comfortable."

Feeling complimented, he begins giving her multiple kisses on the cheek. As he is in the middle of doing so, she turns her face to face his and he freezes.

"Why'd you stop?" she raises her eyebrows, amused.

"Your lips..." he trails off.

"...Are feeling deprived?" She decided to finish his sentence got him. They weren't even together, but they equally yearned for each other.

"Class will be back in session in five minutes, let's take a walk outside." He talked as if he finally got the green light he waited for.

He unwraps his arm from her shoulder and gets up, she follows suit. He extends an arm and, as if they've been dating for weeks, she intertwines their fingers together. Together, they exit the classroom and soon out the building.