Prologue

Beginning of Prologue, YEAR 2067

YEAR 2067

It had been 45 years since the last sighting of the Vampires; four decades and a half since they disappeared permanently from earth.

Any mention of the Vampires sparks arguments among the current generations. The young Humans of the 2060s firmly believe they never existed in the first place. The older people, on the other hand, swear on their lives that Vampires did once roam the earth.

No one knew where exactly they went except one woman, and that woman was nearing her final moments.

"No husband, no child," Wonyoung remarks in a playful manner. "Our Choi Danah is leaving us already? She hasn't even lived her life to the fullest yet."

Sullyoon sighs out, "Hush, Wonyoung. You yourself only have one child." The two elderly women sat neatly on the bed side of their long-time best friend.

Danah was 63 and was already on her last few breaths. Noticeably, she was slowly withering away from them. It was rather depressing because they were all the same age, yet the two were going to outlive her by a large margin.

This is what heartache does to someone.

Danah did not remarry, nor did she plan to. She lost her Vampire lover at 18 after the two realms disconnected, and since then, she had been alone. She had hope that, one day, he'd return to her.

"My son—" Wonyoung pauses for a moment, attempting to move away from the fact that their beloved friend was dying before her. "His 20 year old girlfriend is giving birth."

Danah weakly gasps, "What? Why are you here with me instead of supporting Wonjae?" In the background, the sound of the Holter monitor was constantly leisurely beating which signified that her heart was weakening.

She gives her best friend a meek smile, "I'm cherishing your last moments with us, Danah. Wonjae's daughter is one I can spend the last moments of my own life with."

"It felt like yesterday when we were all teenagers in high-school," Sullyoon solemnly looks at the floor. "Where did all the time go?"

Danah exhales out shakily as the two others observed her. They all knew she was going to die. Her time had come rather fast. A tear slips down her wrinkled cheek, "I'm so lucky to have friends like you."

She was fighting herself. She didn't want this to be her last moments, she vowed she'd live a long life in case there was a possibility she'd see him again.

At this point, she was sobbing. "If only I could live just a couple more years, maybe we could all die together like we planned as children. Even better, I could somehow meet him once again."

The two were soon tear-stained as well. Wonyoung sniffles. She stands up and places a kiss on her best friend's forehead. "We'll be fine, Danah. And he will be too."

Sullyoon does the same, "Don't worry about us. Go to sleep. Perhaps you could have a dream where we're all together again."

They each take a hand and nod cordially, showing their support. Danah smiles at Wonyoung, then Sullyoon, then closes her eyes. Death could not be stopped, she had to accept it.

Her motivation now was to reincarnate. If her body was too weak to meet him, then she supposed she could do so in a new body. She heaves out, letting the universe engulf her.

The last words she heard was a simultaneous "Goodbye, Danah" from her two best friends.

For a few seconds, everything was dark and silent. It was until a bright light flashed upon her, causing her great discomfort. Her quiet sobs turned into loud, obnoxious ones.

"Welcome to the world," an unfamiliar voice spoke to her.

She had been reborn.
But like any other baby, she would forget her previous life in a matter of seconds.

END OF PROLOGUE

~

"No matter what lifetime you're living in," he slowly comes toward her, softly pressing his dainty lips against her ear. "You are mine, the same way I am yours."

~

A/N

Hello! This is my first Author's Note and my first time directly addressing my readers publicly. I just wanted to thank you all so much for loving Lovers in the Night. Originally, I wasn't going to write a sequel, but I've been getting so many requests that I had to!

However, I will simply just give everyone a heads up that updates may be slow and unrefined. Please bear with me! Lovers in the Night took me two years: one year to plan, one year to write. I also only began publishing its chapters when I finished writing and editing the entire book. Lovers in the Night Part II is a different case because I started it on a whim and I'm currently rushing to get chapters out, therefore they may be messy. I hope it's not too much of a bother.

Thank you,
JWONTONI