VII

It didn't take long for Monday to come along

It didn't take long for Monday to come along. Usually, Mondays were the worst for Yona and she dreaded them. However, for the first time, Yona was excited for Monday because that meant she would go to school, which was as weird. She usually hated the thought of school as well.

Her life experienced a whole 180 degree turn because of one boy. She wasn't one to have crushes either, so why was he so special to her?

Today, she made sure to dress up and put effort to make her hair look nice. There was gloss on her lips and mascara that she borrowed from her great grandma's drawer.

As per usual, she was early in class, talking to Jieum and explaining to her the sensations she had been feeling around Jungwon. "It's just so weird," she sighs. "I like being around him, but he makes my head spin."

"It just sounds like you have a little crush~" Jieum sings.

Yona bit her lower lip in a doubtful manner, "Is it really a crush?" If it were truly a crush, then this would've been her first one.

"Probably," Jieum says as she sat on her rightful seat. "You've changed completely, Yona. I see a new person whenever I'm looking at you — Hell, even everyone in our class would agree with me."

Yona was taken aback by the last sentence. She leans back to look around the class to see that her classmates' were, in fact, stealing bewildered glances at her.

She continues in a more serious tone, "I know that I told you that you needed to mature because we're graduating soon, but I didn't expect you to do so because of a boy."

Yona's eyes lock onto her new outfit, and she brushes a hand through her groomed hair. She groans, "You're right. I'm changing for a boy! This is so unlike of me."

Jieum grins, placing a supportive hand on her shoulder. "Chill, I can't tell if this is a bad change or a good change yet. We'll see. For now, just follow your heart."

"Thank you, bae." Yona was so grateful that she had a best friend like Jieum. She leans her head against her shoulder.

The door opens to reveal Jungwon entering with a black face mask on. Jieum gets up, "This is my cue to go back to Grace, I guess." The two wave farewell at each other.

As Jungwon made his way to his seat beside Yona, he narrows his eyes as a way to show that he was smiling. "What's with the mask?" Yona queries.

He lets his backpack drop to the side of his desk. "Well, uh. I got sick," he confesses as he sits down. This was definitely due to the fact that he wasn't properly dressed for the library meet two days back.

She scoffs, amused. "I thought the cold didn't bother you?" Jungwon had a pretty big ego, so she took this an opportunity to humble him.

"It used to not," he sniffles. "Now, it does. Fun fact: This is my first time ever being sick."