XIX

"Here, I can help you with that

"Here, I can help you with that." As everyone was grabbing their own luggages from Ms Shin's van, a funky guy named Jungwon decided he was doing that and more. Without asking Yona for permission, he takes her two belongings to hold them for her.

The entirety of the bus ride, to the camp, and from the moment they stepped foot on the grassy field, the two were in their own world. They were getting to know each other, busy talking about existential crises and likes and dislikes.

It was a nonstop back-and-forth between them in a good way. Though they hadn't talked in several days, they reconnected like nothing happened. In a way, they acted like it was their first ever meeting.

Surprisingly enough, past lives weren't mentioned at all. It was as if these two people had just became friends and made a connection right away without anything profound. Yona enjoyed the blossoming of this superficial friendship, and Jungwon surprisingly flowed along with it.

He felt young. When you're over hundreds of years old, you don't worry about friendships because people, especially Humans, come and go. Somehow, he felt the need to make an effort to impress Yona.

He props her duffel bag over his shoulder as his one hand held both their luggages. "I didn't know you were so strong," Yona chuckles at the sight, amused. Hearing her compliment, he shrugs his shoulders back to appear more firm, and she laughs at that.

"Grade 12s, follow me!" the campsite guide instructs after explaining the rules and regulations, and everyone but the two rush to trail her footsteps. Yona looks at the guide, realizing she missed all of the introduction. Jungwon, on the other hand, maintained complete focus on her.

"There's a lot of things you don't know about me," he says and her focus snaps back toward him. He winks at her before walking away to follow the campsite guide.

Rolling her eyes, she catches up to his fast pace. "That's why I'm trying to get to know you," she remarks.

"I appreciate that," he grins. He hesitates, he decides to bring up the valid point, "But you're never going to fully know me unless we talk about... you know."

Most of their conversation earlier was superficial. Yona got to talk a lot about her boring childhood to her present life which did entertain Jungwon. He, on the other hand, only talked about what happened the past year of him living as a Human because everything before that involved Danah.

Yona sighs, "I know. Just not yet. Yeah?" He nods. She was aware that they were going to have to resume the conversation they had when she confronted him about 'using her,' but she wanted to accept Jungwon before accepting that they had a past together. She felt that, if they went too fast, she'd somehow reject the idea of him again. She's quite reckless, after all.