XXV

It was the Monday after the graduating class' camping trip

It was the Monday after the graduating class' camping trip. The day had just ended, and to summarize: Jieum and Jungwon had new seating spots. Jieum sat with her new girl group whilst Jungwon sat next to Leehan. Yona didn't know when the two boys started to begin so close because she clearly remembered Jungwon looking he wanted to beat up Leehan during that day, but it was too early after the fight to approach either of them with questions - she assumed both equally had some harsh feelings against her, but she wasn't so sure anymore at this point.

Well, anyway, Grace ended up sitting next to her. Ms Shin walked inside and was appalled with the fact that these students thought they had the authority to make these changes without her permission, but when she saw that even Grace moved, she ended up letting it slide because she had trust in the Class President.

The last bell had just rung and everyone was packing their belongings to leave. "Although it is in a while, don't forget to study for the final exam!" Ms Shin exclaims these as her finals words. "Have a good rest of your day!"

As she threw her backpack over her shoulder, Yona noticed Jungwon and Leehan leaving the premises immediately. She frowns in wondering if they both hated her now.

Grace pokes the shoulder that belonged to her newfound friendship, "Hey, do you want to come with me to this event after school?"

Her question fortunately clears the girls mind. "What event?" Yona asks. She was a little bit shocked that the Class President was inviting her, the student who's currently ranking at the bottom of class, to something.

She elaborates, "The senior boys' football team tryouts are today at 3:30pm. The coaches are asking for some volunteers to help out, and I need more hours."

When Grace was inviting her to something, Yona was expecting like an arcade or fare or park or something. She didn't expect an extracurricular activity. In fact, she had no volunteer hours so she didn't know how to be a volunteer, essentially. She didn't want to look stupid in front of her new friend, either. "You're asking me to come with you?"

Grace stifles a laugh. "If you're thinking about the rankings, come on. You're not that bad anymore. Look." Conveniently, they walk out to see the class rankings that was situated on the wall beside their classroom's door.

Yona gasps when she realizes she wasn't on her usual rank, the ranking she had been stuck to since freshman year. It used to be easy for her to find herself on the board because she'd always be at the exact bottom, but now she had to actually look for her name. When she finds it, she reads, "21st out of 26, Jang Yona."

Yona's hands clasp to her mouth in shock, not believing the sight at first. "Good job," Grace playfully punches the frozen girl in the shoulder. "I'm proud of you!"

"Thanks" is all she could blurt out. She was afraid of Grace judging her, but then again, all the things she thought of Grace were due to her jealousy and insecurities making bizarre things up.