XXIV

Jungwon had just finished his shift at Subway and was now aimlessly dwelling around the mall where the franchise was positioned

Jungwon had just finished his shift at Subway and was now aimlessly dwelling around the mall where the franchise was positioned. It had been a couple of days since the grad camp, and he was drained. The eye bags that formed were quit prominent and he hadn't been eating healthily lately either.

He was still angry. How could Yona kiss someone else? Why was she toying with his heart? Was he just an option to her? Did she love Leehan more? These were questioned that burdened him.

It was also infuriating to him how he was ignoring Yona. He could be communicating with her right now with the maturity he attained as the once-future King of the Vampire, but instead, he was wasting his time sulking like an emotional Human teenager. He wasn't usually one to judge, but why are humans more emotional and rational?

There was another aspect that triggered him: How did he move on from Danah so abruptly? His reason for being in the Human realm was to get her back, so how did he let her lookalike easily steer him off that task?

Though, it made sense. He obviously couldn't turn Yona into Danah. If you knew Yona, you would know that she'd absolutely refuse the idea and get mad at him again but 10x worse rage. It wasn't exactly difficult to tick her off.

Deciding to leave for home, he goes into the solidarity room of staircases that were usually devoid of people. Its use was for emergency if ever the escalator stopper working, but Jungwon uses it anyway for privacy.

He pauses in his steps when he notices his classmate standing a few steps below him. His eyes widen as Leehan cheerfully makes his way toward him, "Hey, Jungwon. Can we talk?" His voice echoes loudly in the room of staircases.

It's the home wrecker, Jungwon annoyedly says to himself. "Hey, Leehan." He knits his eyebrows together, attempting to decrypt from Leehan's face as to why he wanted to talk to him. "How did you find me?" No one usually else took this route.

The taller boy chuckles, "Don't misunderstand me. I wasn't purposefully looking for you. I was hanging out with someone else, this is just a coincidence. Well, a good coincidence. I've been meaning to be honest with you about something."

What could Leehan want to be honest about? They didn't talk enough to have either of them lie about something to the other. Jungwon was confused until Leehan smiled wide, wide enough to expose pointy teeth on each side of his canines. "Shit," he widens his eyes.

Something changed about Leehan. He no longer had that playful expression, that charmed people immensely, on. Instead, only one side of his lips curved up to expose a smirk. Sensing the sudden change of vibe, Jungwon instinctively clenches his fists.

"Hello, my prince," Leehan does the traditional Vampire bow that the once-Prince of the Vampires hadn't seen in months. Leehan bends his body forward with his hand on his chin where his lower teeth were hidden. Vampires lacked hearts, so they never bowed with their hands on their chests like some Human royalties did. He continues, "My name is Leehan, son of Rose and Jett."