XVIII

Class 1-A was the loudest classroom in the school this morning

Class 1-A was the loudest classroom in the school this morning. Students were cheering, gossiping, and were not wearing their uniforms. Why? Today was the day of the two night camp field trip.

The nerds of the class sat in a corner, studying for the midterms exams that'd occur two days after the field trip.

"Heads up!" a student jock throws a football across the classroom and another one catches it. The sporty students began cheering, using their deep voices. They brought large mountain backpacks which were probably guild with sporty equipment.

On the other hand, there were students like Grace who brought multiple, pastel-coloured suitcases and wore formal clothes like they were going to a club. "You know we're going glamping, right?" a female student asks, amused.

"So?" Grace lifts up her PRADA glasses to accentuate her eyebrows that were raised.

There were also the students who belonged to no high-school stereotype: "I'm so glad you're going," Jieum latches onto her close friend's arm.

"Whatever," Yona chuckles, somewhat absent-minded. While everyone else was busy being joyous over the field trip today, she was busy thinking about Jungwon.

"What's up with you? I noticed you've been more smiley lately," Jieum points out after observing her for a few seconds. "I half-expected you to be depressed and emo cause you and Jungwon broke up."

Yona was suddenly horrified. If her closest friend in class thought that way, did the rest of their classmates? "We were never together."

"Bullshit," Jieum frowns. "I can't believe you're lying to me. Everyone has been talking about it."

"I'm being for real, Jieum." She proceeds to place two fingers on her cheek, pinching them. Jieum whines. "Don't entertain the gossip. We were getting to know each other since I was his only friend at first."

"Okay, so what about Leehan?" she decides to change the guy of topic, as if that was supposed to be any better.

"Leehan?" Yona furrows her brows in an irked manner, but her gleaming eyes betray her. Somehow, hearing his name made her blush. "Well, what about him?"

She sends her an amused expression, "I'm pretty sure he likes you as well, Yona. And I'm sure you return the feelings." Damn, she moved on from the Jungwon hype fast. And technically, so did I.

"That's not true. We don't like each other," Yona frowns. Her heart contradicts her statement, she had a feeling that he did. It wasn't like he was exactly hiding it, either.

"Seriously? Go see for yourself," Jieum gestures Yona to look to the corner of jocks. When she does, she catches him already staring. He gives her a wink before looking away.

Shit.

At that moment, Ms Shin enters the classroom in outdoorsy wear. "Attention, please!" Proceeding this greeting is reinforcements of the rules, that the school district and campsite operators implemented, for the students. It was all the basic stuff like no vaping, no fighting, no same-sex people in the same bedroom, etc.

Yona wasn't paying mind, however. Her eyes drift over to the silent boy who was listening carefully to Ms Shin's announcements.

It had been long time since they last talked, so Yona was ready to break the silence between them. She was glad that he was willing to give her space after their confrontation, but she did miss him.

The claims stated by Minji were still instilled in the mind of the young Human girl. She wanted to know if she was the one who had these feelings for him or if it was Danah. Due to this inter conflict, she decided to take initiative. She knew running away from Jungwon wasn't going to fix anything.

Then, her eyes go over to Leehan. She wanted to get to know him more as well. If it were true that he liked her, then wouldn't it be more meaningful because he would've liked her for her? Not because of a past life that she wasn't aware of?

Was it bad that she wanted to try liking them both to see how it goes?

There were two vehicles this trip: Ms Shin's van (which would contain all the students' luggages plus hers) and the bus, the transportation. They all drop their things off in the van before heading to the bus.

When walking as a class, Yona notices Jungwon being one of the first to enter to the bus. She leans to her friend's ear to whisper, "Hey Jieum, is it okay if I sit with Jungwon? There's a few things I need to make right."

Although it did sound like she was asking for permission, she wasn't. Before Jieum could object, Yona rushes to the bus, leaving her behind. "Whore," Jieum pouts to herself.

Her eyes then look around for someone else to talk to. This is when Grace appears beside her, looking all smug. "Told you so," she taunts, referring to when she called Yona a white. Jieum shrugs.

Fortunately, the bus was spacious enough for Yona to overtake some people to get to Jungwon. When she does, she catches him off guard. "Can I sit here?" she pats down on the seat beside him hurriedly, knowing there was a line behind her.

His sparkly eyes penetrate hers for a moment. "Sure." It came out in a questioning manner. He did not expect this at all, yet he smiles as she took her seat like he had been wanting her to ask him. "Why so sudden?"

She shrugs, "I want to get to know you better. And you should get to know me better as well, too." His eyes never leave her face as he continues to admire her. Even Yona was surprised by how she was able to be level-headed like this. She literally was going to overlook the fact that the boy beside her was once a Vampire!

When Jungwon completely processes what she told him, his shoulders droop for a moment. This wasn't that he expected. Her wanting him to get to know her for her was a sign that inherently meant "Danah won't be returning any time soon, so accept me instead."

Yona notices his hesitation. "Can we make a deal?" she says. "When you look at me, I want you to look at me. I don't want you to do so to look for her. I want us to forget about everything that happened to us prior." By 'everything,' she also meant to forget about Danah. And Jungwon, in his heart, understood that.

He wanted to ask her, Will this be a temporary thing? Can we talk about Danah soon? He was scared to mention this because he didn't want to anger her like he did a while back. He heaves out deeply, "You know that won't be easy for me."

His life was dedicated to Choi Danah. He thought that, when he found her, she'd easily return to him. Now that she was in front of him, all she did was shatter his hopes. He didn't think it through.

"I know, but I want you to at least try." She was determined because she had already fallen for him and his charms. It would've been a waste to just throw it all away. "I want to see if we fall in love as Yona and Jungwon, not as Danah and Jungwon."

That would be quite a trial. There was a long pause for before he makes up his mind. When he does, he places a hand on hers, "Okay."

From afar, Leehan sighs in his own seat. He didn't hear the conversation, but seeing them together indicated that there was going to be a problem if he wanted Yona to be his.

He was going to have to put up a fight.