XXVIII

Yona had ran to this place at such a quickened pace, lacking an actual plan

Yona had ran to this place at such a quickened pace, lacking an actual plan. After leaving Minji, she had hopped onto the the nearest bus, asked the driver for a free ride, got the free ride, arrived to the graveyard, and was now standing before the person she was looking for. She was so excited to have all her questions answered that she didn't realize her lack of planning. Furthermore, who was going to answer them?

All she could do was stand and stare at the gravestone in front of her, Choi Danah. The living girl was thankful that no one else was around at this time. Otherwise, she would've looked utterly insane. It was evident that she was at the graveyard not to mourn by the non-existence of sadness in her eyes.

This felt like voodoo shit. Yona thought about summoning her or something, but she wasn't interested in getting cursed to Hell.

How did Minji want her to do this? Was she supposed to yap to a corpse she couldn't even see? Unsure of what to do, she uncomfortably sways side to side like that would somehow give her a plan.

"So, uhm. Hi," Yona awkwardly began. If you asked the Yona before to do this, she would've glared at you and walked away without saying a word. It was just too embarrassing for someone with a high ego like hers. Though, even the current Yona couldn't believe she was doing this. "Danah, right? It's me, uh, the successor of your soul." 

The morning was now creeping up to Yona as the sunlight was peaking out on the east, and the moon was dipping into the horizon to rest; she realizes that she slept for only three hours before pursuing this endeavour. She kicks a few stray pebbles on the floor before continuing. She couldn't waste the blood moon's essence.

Yona was hoping that this visit would provide her some sort of epiphany, a realization of something... of perhaps what to do. She didn't expect Danah to appear. "So, I heard you died younger than the usual age. You must've lived a sad life since, you know, life didn't really go the way you expected it to ever since that day. I really don't want to end up like you, so could you give me a sign or something? I don't know."

Silence.
At this point, she really wanted to walk away and call it a day. She had school in a couple of hours now. She waits a few more seconds. I'm just wasting my time. She spins on her heel to leave when a harsh breeze flows against her from behind.

The cold engulfing her warm body pauses her. It made her cheeks and fingertips feel as if they were burning and bitten by the iciness.

She didn't know if it was her going insane, but she could swear that the breeze whispered "stay" to her when it brushed against her ear. She clenches her first, feeling a sudden surge of incitement.

"I want to know what happened to you," she sounded more firm now. "Why are you so important that Vampires are in my life now? Who are you? What about you made them so soft? My grandmother and Minji seem to speak so fondly about you too. It's crazy, I used to not believe in this type of shit! And now I am in this mess. I don't know how all of this works, but I'm pretty sure past lives aren't suppose to interfere with present lives, so how is this happening? And Jungwon..." she trails off when her voice croaks upon realizing she was about to cry in frustration.