III

"Yang Jungwon

"Yang Jungwon."

Yona excitedly clasps her hands together. "Thank you for this opportunity, Ms Shin. I will not disappoint you."

"Good. This is not a task that is easy to fail," she adjusts her eyeglasses in a forbidding way. Yona could tell that she formulated her sentence like that to subtly pressure her.

When her teacher bids her farewell, she passes Yona, thus removing herself as an obstruction from her view towards the new student.

He was still looking out the window. Who does he think he is? Yona couldn't help but scrunch her face up, amused. The main character of an anime?

"Yang Jungwon?" she attempts to call his attention to her. She repeats it when he doesn't acknowledge her, and her voice somehow falters at the end.

When Ms Shin said his name, she felt nothing. When she said his name, it rolls off her tongue in a bitter manner.

Finally, he turns his head to face her. His sparkly eyes immediately pierce her tired ones. It was a familiar stare, like she'd already looked into this eyes before. Then, her mind is attacked with a montage of memories.

Her shoulders becomes heavy as if a load of burden had instantly been laid upon her. It was all happening so fast, she began experiencing quick snippets of flashbacks bombarding her.

What was perplexing was that, although she experienced all of these flashbacks in first person, she had no recollection of any of them. It was as if someone else's memories were overpowering her own.

Nevertheless, each of them shared a common denominator wherein one thing was present in every single memory, and that was Yang Jungwon.

Who was he? Why did he give her a premonition of imminent disaster, why did his aura make her feel loved? All of these feelings were strangers to her.

In one memory, she saw herself working on an academic project with him which was impossible because he literally just moved schools. In another, she pictures herself doing affectionate things with him... even kissing.

"Jang Yona?" Jungwon's etherealvoice interrupts her inner sensations. She didn't realize a tear had slipped down her face until it dropped to the ground. "Are you alright?"

There was a hint of confusion in his cat-like face, whereas terror was plastered all over Yona's. Why did she feel like crying? "Have we met before?" she abruptly asks, in distaste of the way her emotions were acting up.

With a respectful tone, he responds, "I don't think we have, no." This answer doesn't satisfy the circus that was performing live in her stomach.

The boy in front of her was handsome, maybe even the handsomest guy she had ever seen. He was weirdly symmetrical and had pale skin with a cute nose. There is no way he is a Human, she thought to herself. Is he a robot? He's too perfect.