XXIII

The proceeding morning was frantic

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

The proceeding morning was frantic. "Hurry up, kids. The bus is scheduled to leave in fifteen minutes!" Ms Shin yells into a megaphone. Due to multiple reasons, the grad class woke up late as a whole. One of them being that a lot of them stayed up last night.

"Why do we have to leave at 5 fucking AM?" Grace hisses annoyedly at the teacher when she walks away. Grace didn't look herself this morning and it was noticeable that it pissed her off. Her hair was a mess since she had just woken up and she was still in her pajamas. Even worse, her face bore no skincare nor makeup.

The two girls were heading over to the bus and were coincidentally next to each other as they were doing so. Yona shrugs, "Dunno, but I'm glad we are because it has allowed you to give us a face reveal."

At first, the popular girl was confused at the remark. But when she realizes, she frowns and shyly hides her bare face, "Fuck off, cunt." Yona laughs, and so does Grace right after.

There was a surprising, newfound friendship forming between the once-enemies, and it was such a sight to see. The other students found it amusing, wondering how it happened. "I can't believe we're casually talking all of a sudden," Yona points out.

"Mhm. But you know what," Grace wipes a fake tear off her face. "You're not that bad. I guess."

Yona chuckles, "Likewise." She had never expected that arguing with her during a duo sack race game would get them close. "I still can't believe this is happening, though."

"Honestly, I feel like we could've been friends the first time we met. It was just the circumstances." At hearing that, Yona knew exactly what Grace meant.

Yona was the first to hate Grace. Back then, she despised her because she was everything she wished she was: smart, extremely pretty, rich, had a good relationship with everyone.

Grace didn't hate Yona for no reason, either. It all started when Yona spread a rumour during freshman year that Grace had an STD; since she was popular with the men. That was insane because parents had to get involved during the principal confrontation, and both girls were in a lot of trouble. And this was all because of Yona's petty jealousy.

Freshman year was insane for everyone. "Hey, I just wanted to apologize for—"

"Freshman year?" Grace raises an eyebrow. "That was five years ago. Honestly, although it was a low move on your part, I moved on. So don't worry about it. To make things equal, I've also said nasty things about you to others."

Yona shrugs the last part off, "I would've as well if someone from five years ago spread horrible rumours about me."

Yona wasn't the type to apologize first, so it was quite out-of-character that she did so to Grace, her once arch nemesis.

This was when her eyes lock onto someone who was supposed to be her closest friend. Jieum was walking with a large group of six girls from afar, laughing to one another. They hadn't talked since Yona found out she didn't add her to that group chat, and it seemed like Jieum wasn't bothered at all by the distance that was created between them.

Lovers in the Night II | Yang Jungwonजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें