Epilogue

25 years later

25 years later

Minji
Hurry up.
He isn't very with the both of you right now.

Grace
Girl.
The ceremony about to start!

Dawon
mom
where are you guys?

"Shoot," the mother in question curses underneath her breath as she read the text message on her phone. She stuffs the device in her pocket to begin her frantic attempt of salvaging her mistake.

Today had started off rough. Dawon's parents didn't realize his graduation ceremony was today until, just now, when they got off their overnight shifts. The babysitter of their youngest daughter had just left, and now they were scrambling to get ready.

Their home was quite large and comfortable due to those jobs, thus, so they weren't going to quit any time soon. After all, life is a hustle, even when one is old.

The mother was panicking. She didn't want to miss this milestone in life. She could recall how she made sure her father attended her graduation. It was unfair to miss her own son's. In the corner of her distraught eyes, she notices her husband standing idly by the wall.

"Honey, what are you doing? We're going to be late for Dawon's high school graduation," she exclaims while holding little Yoojung's hand and frantically packing her purse.

The man simply exhales out as he looks at the mirror before him, "I can't believe this." In contrast to his frantic wife, he stayed still whilst having an existential crisis.

"Believe what? Whatever it is, I'm starting the car, okay?" she half-absentmindedly says, focusing more on the travel to the commencement ceremony. When she realizes that her husband still refused to budge, she sighs. She bends down to reach eye level with her daughter, "Yoojung, can you force daddy back to reality while I start the car?"

The seven year old cutely nods, "Okay, mommy. But first, will Auntie Minji and Auntie Grace be at the ceremony?"

"Yes, of course. They will be. In fact, they already are. And thank you, baby." The woman kisses the girl's forehead before letting her go on her mission to snap her father out of the realm of his mind.

Yoojung happily skips her way toward her father. When she arrives by his legs, she tugs on his blazer. "We're going now, daddy. Mommy is ardently rushing, and I don't think oppa will be too happy about us being late."

Although Yoojung was only seven years old, everyone around her saw her as a special child. In comparison to the other kids her age, she was immensely smart and mature. She was quiet and always looked like she was pondering deeply.

Her father harshly swallows, refusing to leave his focus from the mirror. He apologetically pats his daughter on the head, "Just a few more seconds, my love."

His wife reenters the house just to see the same view. "Jungwon," she scoffs. She couldn't believe that he was still ogling the mirror. It wasn't usual whenever she'd use his first name anymore, but whenever she did, it meant he was testing her patience. "Seriously. What's your problem?"

She fervently approaches him to stand by his side, hoping that act would intimidate him. She instantly pauses upon realizing what he was looking so closely at. "Yona," his voice quivers. "I have white hair."

Quickly, she was no longer annoyed. "Yah, that's what's bugging you so bad this afternoon?" She found this situation rather funny now. They had now grown old together, like they dreamed of doing when she was Danah, yet he continued to never be completely at ease.

"Yes," Jungwon groans. He began massaging with his hands the skin on his temples that were starting to sag. "I have white hair! I'm getting old!"

"You needed to see white hair to realize that?" she laughs, cupping his face with her dainty hands to make him face her.

"No, I've been realizing it! I feel weaker, and I've lost some of my vision. I've been trying to ignore these symptoms because I know it was my decision to become a Human, but this is all so sudden! How could anyone accept these changes so fast?"

She found it amusing how, even after 25 years, he was still anxious about the whole aging thing. She pecks him on the lips, "That's what's so fun about being Human. We never look the same for too long."

He pouts, "Ugh, time is not on our side." She laughs, He is never going to change. He continues to be the same, worried Jungwon. He continues to look at himself, "Well. Maybe white hair doesn't look so bad at me."

He then takes a few steps back and vogues in front of the mirror. I'm kinda attractive with white hair. I wonder if Yona would agree, he thought to himself. He had to learn how to embrace it anyway. Arguably, ageing is a beautiful aspect of life. He tilts his head to the side, I could get used to this.

Fortunately for him, Yona did find the white hair attractive on him. She gently hums, "Finally, you realized. Time isn't on our side, so this is why we should catch up to Dawon's graduation before it finishes without us."

"Oh, you're right." Yona sighs in relief when her husband finally breaks out of his existential crisis. She grabs hold of her daughter once again and all three of them begin walking away together.

As her mother softly pulls her, Yoojung continues to stare at the mirror. She smiles, revealing the sharp but subtle fangs that were forming on her canines. Her parents were unaware of these two new things.

Yona lets go of Yoojung's hands so that she could switch out of her crocs and into her heels. Jungwon fixes his tie by the opened door. "Hey, look at the sky," he nudges his wife.

Yona does a double take. Infiltrating the sky was the rare cloud iridescence. The colors belonging to it resembled soapiness. Essentially, cloud iridescence is an optical phenomenon in a cloud and appears in the proximity of the Sun or Moon.

"The last time I saw this sky was when I turned into Human," Jungwon points out. That detail of memory was so long ago too, he couldn't help but wonder how he remembered it so vividly.

"That's fascinating." Yona then quickly snaps out of her daze, "Well, we can admire it later. Come on." Jungwon clicks his tongue and nods. The two proceed to rush out together.

Yoojung was last out the door, taking her time in looking up at the sky. From the corner of her eye, she sees figures standing from a distance, observing the scene.

They were a quite peculiar group. She had befriended them quite recently, and they weren't regular Humans. Actually, they weren't even Humans at all. Well, they did have something to do with the cloud iridescence.

"So these are your parents, right?" Heeseung queries in telepathy.

She winks at them then her mother softly yells for her, "Yoojung!" With that, she turns her back against them and runs after her mother.

We have officially come to the end of the
Lovers in the Night series

It's crazy NGL because I did NOT plan to make a sequel for the first book. I was perfectly content with the sad ending... but you guys changed my mind!

I sincerely thank you all for the love,
JWONTONI