IV

Due to unforeseen events, Yona ended up being late to school the next day

Due to unforeseen events, Yona ended up being late to school the next day. Well, she arrived home late after touring Jungwon and had to stay up doing the homework that she was supposed to do during detention at home.

8:40AM. Class started twenty minutes ago.

It wasn't often that Yona would be late for school because she was always early to meet up with Jieum. She had enough on her heavy plate of recklessness, so being late was another weight put on it.

She drags her feet across the hallway, dreading the lecture she was about to receive by her stern teacher. She wanted to blame the new student for this, but she knew she couldn't do that. New students were always put on a pedestal at their school.

But he wasn't just any new student, he also was a person who sparked montages in her memories. Maybe, it was her continuous sleepless nights that caused this. Maybe, she was simply going crazy. Yang Jungwon didn't seem to know her either.

When she arrives to class, lecture had already started and her appearance naturally stops everyone's train of thought to focus on the person who was late. Ms Shin sends her a nasty look.

Yona bows and apologizes for the inconvenience. This was embarrassing, everyone had their eyes on her, she felt like sinking into the floor in order disappear.

When she arrives to her assigned seat, she sees not Jieum is nowhere to be seen. Instead, Jungwon had replaced her. "What are you doing here?" she asks hoarsely as if ruining the clarity of her voice meant that it was quieter.

Ms Shin is the first to decipher her confusion for her. "I am having you sit beside our new student, Yona. You are the only face he recognizes as of now, so it is preferable to me that you are next to one another."

Why is Ms Shin up his ass?! She couldn't believe that her teacher was acting differently toward her because of the new student.

She plops herself beside him. She wanted to groan in frustration, but she held it back so that she wouldn't offend Jungwon. She wanted to tell Jieum about how weird her experiences were with Jungwon, but she had to save that for later.

In no time, Ms Shin proceeds with her lesson. Yona subtly glances at Jungwon, and he looked engrossed in the lesson. He didn't even greet her. Rude.

Yona looks around the class for her best friend to see that she was put beside Grace. Jieum was already looking at Yona for the right moment to mouth, "You didn't tell me you toured a guy yesterday... and that he was HOT." Yona rolls her eyes.

On her arm, she feels someone poking her. She spins her head to see that Jungwon smiling softly. She didn't know why or how, but her heart fluttered. "What?"