XIII

"Jieum, can we sit together today? Please," Yona pleads as Jieum walks into the classroom

"Jieum, can we sit together today? Please," Yona pleads as Jieum walks into the classroom. The girl was caught off guard by her sudden approach.

"Why so sudden?" her best friend queries. Yona couldn't explain her situation to her — It was too crazy for anyone else to comprehend. "Did you and Jungwon fight?"

"Yes," she waters down what actually happened. Jieum could never understand, she'd think she was crazy. "I'm not really in the mood to talk to him today."

"Sure," Jieum sceptically responds. Relieved, Yona lets her follow her to her old seat. "I miss this place," Jieum nostalgically phrases as she sits down. "It was literally taken from me."

As per usual, it was early in the morning, so the class was more or less empty. On her usual time, Ms Shin arrives at 7:45AM. The first thing she notices is the seat change, "What is this?"

At this, Yona quickly stands up and bows. "Please excuse it for today, Ms. I don't feel comfortable sitting with my assigned seat mate right now."

She opens her mouth to object, but Yona quickly sends her a face of desperation. "Very well." Although she was a harsh teacher, she wasn't entirely cold. She gives the two girls a nod of approval before completely her stride to her desk.

Yona falls back onto her chair, relieved. Her best friend leans over to reach her ear. "What happened between you both that's making you want to avoid him?" Jieum whispers.

She already forgot that she agreed to not talk about him, but here we go. "I can't really tell you the full details," Yona sighs out. "But he's been lying to me."

"Tell me vaguely, then. How has he been lying to you?" Jieum sends her a stare of worry.

Yona thinks for a moment, "He's quite a smooth talker. He was too good at it. I learned last night that he was so drawn to me because... I resembled an ex of his. Essentially."

She makes a disgusted face. "That's gross. Is he treating you like a rebound, Yona?"

"Sure," she shrugs.

"Yona, he's a son of a bitch." Jieum said her name twice in the matter of ten seconds. She meant the insult with her whole heart.

"He," she hesitantly begins, "was also lying to me about important parts of his identity." Yona hadn't fully came to terms with the fact that Jungwon was a Vampire and her past lover.

Jieum raises her eyebrows, "Well, shit. What are you going to do about him?"

"That's the problem," she annoyedly sighs. "I don't know yet."

"You must hate his guts," she somewhat jumps to a conclusion. "Cut him off." Oh, Jieum. Always so all or nothing.

"That's another problem," Yona groans. "I don't hate him. I can't hate him." She internally curses her past life for making her so attached to him. Why did Danah have to love him so much to the point I'm obligated to?