XVI

It had been a couple days since Yona had began ignoring Jungwon

It had been a couple days since Yona had began ignoring Jungwon. She wasn't angry anymore, she just didn't feel like talking to him yet. She felt like, if she did, she somehow would've returned to anger.

There was something stuck in her mind though: She wondered about what she saw on her walk with Leehan the other day. She was still quite shaken from it. Very shaken, actually. She has refused to set foot on that street since then.

Although she asked for only one day to sit away from Jungwon, she was able to continue to sit with Jieum. Ms Shin was 100% okay with this because she thought that the pair distracted themselves too often. Classes now went smoothly without them disrupting, so she was satisfied with their decision to switch. In fact, the disrupting factor now was Yona and Leehan. They were always talking to one another during lecture period.

They had also finished writing their compositional essays about an elder's life.

"I have an exciting announcement to make," Ms Shin exclaims after she finishes her lesson. "Our school district has generously given our class an opportunity to go on a two-night glamping field trip!"

The entire class rejoices at hearing this. Girls were squealing, boys were barking ironically but excitedly (I don't know what's wrong with my generation), and vise versa. All Yona could think about was how her first glamping was a disaster because her a raccoon accidentally went in her tent. No, thanks.

"I will be handing out field trip forms for your parents to sign. We will be travelling by school bus, so kindly meet me at this class first things that morning. The fee is $90, and it will pay off the rest of the expenses like the water, food, etc." Since Jungwon sat at the front, she hands the papers for him to hand out. "I think everyone should go. This is your final year of high school, so why not have fun?"

"Isn't this exciting?" Jieum whispers to her close friend. "A two-night field trip? This is what I've been wishing for!"

Yona shrugs, "I don't know, Jieum. $90 is a lot. Plus, I absolutely despise the outdoors. And we probably have to share washrooms with everyone else here? Yuck."

"You're seriously going to ditch me?!" Jieum cries. "We barely hang out nowadays, you've got to go. For me, at least!"

"Jieum," Yona whines. She proceeds to wonder if Jungwon was planning on going. Stop, Yona. You're still mad at him. Right?

Leehan turns around, smirking, "Just say that you're broke as fuck, Yona." He seemed to have forgotten about the whole situation with their walk.

"Shut the hell up!" Yona annoyedly kicks his shin as usual. Afterward, they begin laughing together. Ever since that day in the rain, the two had gotten closer and closer.