XV

"Yona is such a whore, isn't she?" Grace whispers to Jieum during lunch

"Yona is such a whore, isn't she?" Grace whispers to Jieum during lunch. They were hanging out at her desk because Yona was busy with someone else. "She's always ditching you for men. How could you tolerate that?"

Grace looks over to Yona and Leehan. Yona sat on her respective seat, while Leehan had his chair turned around to face her. They were laughing like they've been friends for years.

"It doesn't really bother me," Jieum props her shoulders up. "I used to do the same thing to her. We're each other's wingmen."

"True, but it's not like you hop around from man to man after spending weeks with them," Grace sourly chirps. She didn't hate Yona, but she was very blunt with her opinions. "Poor Jungwonie, I wonder how he's feeling."

"He should be fine," Jieum rolls her eyes, recalling what Yona had vented to her a couple days ago.
Though, Jieum was always the nosy kind, so her eyes dwell automatically into him. Jungwon was having small-talk with another male student. She noticed his eyes continuously latch onto Yona, then immediately looking away repeatedly mid-conversation.

Now that Grace placed her opinions in her head, Jieum wondered what happened between Yona and the new student, since she never went over the details. It was even more dumbfounding how she found another man right after, who was also in their class. There was a hint of uncertainty, but Jieum she felt like she could trust Yona's decisions with her romantic life although they were somewhat rash.

=

Night came along, Yona and Leehan were traversing along the streets together. This wasn't planned at all. Leehan was simply walking Yona home, but then they decided to reroute to the mall to buy necessities, then bought food at the food court, then ate at a park, and now they were aimlessly wandering around.

Anyone watching from afar would assume that the two were a couple by their chemistry. "I've been so stressed with school and life and everything," Yona sighs out whilst laughing. "Thank you for making me feel better."

Leehan chuckles, "No, thank you for making school fun for me."

"Is school not fun for you?" It wasn't fun for her either at first. She dreaded coming to classes because she was unmotivated and aloof, but that wasn't who she was anymore.

"I used to be the bad boy of all my classes," he explains. "I was always at detention and berated by the school board. That was, until you came along and became the brat you are today. You took all the attention away, thus teachers never notice my wrongdoings anymore."

"So, you used me to your advantage?" she frowns, half-sourly. He smirks as he playfully shrugs. Well, at least he's honest about it. Unlike the other guy.