The end

Alaina's POV

Where am I?Did Melissa manage to kill me ?Am I in heaven or hell?I could hear the sound of the machines ,the beeping .I could hear voices around me.I tried to peer my eyes open but couldn't without using some strength.

"Alaina....ALaina wake up",i heard Brad's voice and felt someone shaking me.

I finally opened my eyes.I saw Brad sitting in front of me on a stool looking at me with worried eyes.

"Hey",he said gently.

He looked like he had not slept for a long while.His face had not been shaved since days .

"hiiii",i said in a croaked voice.

"water?",asked Brad.I nodded.He lifted me from the pillow and helped me drink water.

"Thanks.",i said gratefully.He nodded.

It was quiet for a while."What happened?",i finally asked.

"Melissa and Liam had kidnapped you for the transfer of the CEO to liam.Luckily Matthew and I found Melissa at the right time and took her away."

"What about Liam?"

"He's been taken in police custody though he has power so he will be given a trial just for formality sake .Matthew said we have all evidence so it should not be a problem.",he said without any emotion.

"Brad,I think its time we get a divorce.I am causing too much trouble for you.You always have to come to a hospital always and leave your work to go solve all these things.",i said trying not to try.

It was time Brad left me.I was better alone.I didnt need more attention than I got.It had caused nothing but trouble for me.

Brad stiffened."What?"

"Yeah anyways now Liam is going to go to a prison so you don't need me anymore.",I said looking anywhere but Brad.

"Why?",Brad asked.

"I told you the reason.",i said trying to acting indifferent.

"Don't lie to me.Alaina Look at me and tell me the reason in my face.",he growled.

"Look..let it go.I cant do it anymore.The pretending not to care and knowing you don't feel that way and have to bear me ,which is not easy.",i said looking at him with tears in my eyes.

"What pretending are you talking about?",he asked confused.

"Nothing.You shouldn't worry about it.Its not like it will change anything.You still wont care and I don't want your pity feelings.",I said glaring at him.

He looked at me for a while and then when it dawned on him ,his expression changed.

"Alain-"

"Look Brad just go.Now no one is going to come to kill me.",i said looking at the door.

"Alaina listen to me...",he said begging.

"No Brad .JUST LEAVE.",i said screaming .I think even the nurses heard.

He looked at me for a while and then banged the door and went outside.I cried for a minute .This was the end.I would never see him.I wish I had given him the chance to explain but it would not change his feelings towards me.I missed him already.Why couldnt he just like me or I should have never liked him but how couldnt I when he was always there for me and always was close to me.Somewhere down the line this play became real without us knowing.God Why?

Suddenly the door whirled open.Brad came in and before I could say anything to me,he grabbed me and said "Dammit" and kissed me with everything he had.It was like he conveyed his feelings in that kiss without actually saying anything.He held me for a while and didn't let me go till he was breathless.My whole body felt like i was electrocuted with current and it was a major kind of current which I would again want to do to feel the same again.

He looked at me with weird eyes which I had never seen him make at me.

"Alaina before you open that mouth again .Let me speak.You always presume what I feel and never let me speak.Alaina I love you ."

"But...",I said.

"Keep quiet.I am not done.Yes I love you and I dont know how and when but I am glad its with you.Honestly I never thought you would feel that way about me so I didnt tell you because we are so different and why would you like a guy like me who got you into so many troubles but somehow you did and when you told me about it before.I was just shocked not refusing you.",he said looking me in the eyes.

"But how can you?I mean you are Brad Carter?..."

"so?It doesnt mean I cant like a girl of my choice.Frankly you are the only person who doesn't look at me like some god or something or uses me for money ,fame and treats me like someone normal chasing for a girls attention."

I was shocked.I stared at him open mouthed.

"I cant imagine my life without you anymore.Not to know what will you say when I do something stupid or when I annoy you.Will you give us a chance to have a life together .To see where it goes.Will you have faith in us.Please?",he said pleadingly.

I stared at him thinking for a while it was a joke but when he continued staring at me I thought again about what he said.This was what i wanted.Was god hearing me out?I would always regret if i said no.

"Yes,I will take a chance only if you really mean it.",i said glaring at him.

"Obviously I mean it.You think I say this to every girl.",he said angrily.

I laughed loudly at his reaction.He too smiled after seeing me laugh.He hugged me,"So,Mrs Carter what do you have in mind for now?",he said .

"whatever you have in mind,Mr. Carter.",i said winking at him.He laughed and hugged me again.Finally i 'm in heaven and wouldn't a change a thing in my life which led me to this day.