The unexpected

Brads POV
I  was surprised by Alainas decision . I thought after seein me as  a CEO,she would have been so desperate for my forgiveness and it would be fun to see her do a 360 degree but it ended with me doing a 360 and her resigning. Guess she hated me a lot irrespective whoever i was that she could even leave her job. I had to say she was a totally different person always ending up surprising me. I had never met a stupid person like her before. But I knew she would come back by tomorrow begging me for the stunt she pulled on me today. Afterall no one just leaves a job in Carter and sons.

I had trouble of my own and didnt want to waste my time thinking about it. I had  6 months to find  a wife and get engaged. Seriously grandpa played the biggest prank on me.

I hate New York. Seriously my day couldn't have gone better and today I was supposed to dine with Mom and Dad . Even though I had my own penthouse . But as Mom said it was time to recover. 

I left of my office early as today I just couldnt bear to sit in the office with  all the females giving me the predator look. It was too much especially today with the marriage thing on my head. Sure I could ask anyone of them to be my fake wife but I was afraid they would be sticking to me my whole life and mom and dad would never approve of them even though they are not strippers or prostitues.

I went to my mom and dads house. The earlier the dinner the starts. The sooner it will get over. Dont get  me wrong I loved them but today was not just my day to be a "Family person" with mom who would literally pound on me with questions about my future marriage and how many girls did i start seeing and sleeping. she would probably be asking me to choose the food for the engagement today only even though its after 6 months.

I drove to their house in my Black BMW. I loved driving. It always helped taking my mind off things.My parents lived in a bungalow in   Queens.They loved the peaceful nature compared to other places.

I gave the security my car to park as I didnt want my mom to come outside to house to greet me and embarass me in front of the whole street.

"Hey mom", I greeted kissing her on the cheek as I saw her near the gate , no doubt ready to pull me in if I had changed my mind about dinner after seeing her.

"Hey sweetie! how was your day. Will told me about what happened. So should we  book the hall? I was thinking we would do a Mediteranean theme. How s it?It will be bett-"

"STOP MOM",i said little loudly to pull her from her fantasy.

"I havent even reached the couch and you are already making me wanna turn around and exit.",i said sadly.

"oops, sorry son, I just got so excited after hearing about the wedding today.",she said excitedly.

"yeah you can stop pretending. I know you and dad were there while the will was made and am pretty sure you might have even danced a little in front of grandpa after that." I said angrily trying to make her feel sad.

"Oh sweetie it was for your own good. You have to settle down eventually. You are 29 and i dont want to read newspapers about you making out with some strippers or see pictures of them straddling you in a cafe that too 9 in the night. A family cafe for godsake. I cant handle it anymore."she said crinkling her face in horror.

"That just happened once. Please cut me some slack.",I begged. That had happened when i had got drunk and I  had just broken up with  MELISSA,my only official girlfriend till now in media. I stopped myself before I could feel the pain. She was off limit   topic now. Everyone  who knew me knew better than to talk about it.

"hey Braddddddd",said a girly voice. That had to be my sweet adoring sister Adrianna. Even though she was adopted. I loved her so much. i doubt i could have got a better sister than her.She was 3 years younger to me.

she greeted me kissing my cheek. I hugged her back. Clearly I was happy to see only 1 person.

"Hey Ade.How you doin. How was your  trip to Rome.I when did you get back?",i asked curious.

"oh I decided to surprise Mom and dad . she was nearly calling me every hour in Rome and told me to come back within a week as something important related to you was going to happen. I was afraid she would come to Rome to drag me back.".she glared at Mom.

I too glared at Mom.She laughed clearly enjoying her childrens anger.

"what Mom, you  dragged her too. You could have just let her enjoy the trip. Now i am really afraid  who else you have called. Have to call the telephone industries tomorrow to tell them to block all your international calls."

"I have other ways." giving a devilish smile.

"oh yeah trust her. she even made a facebook and twitter account so she could inform her kindergarten friends about your marriage. It was entertaining at first when she started describing the swimming pool incident but later I had to hide my laptop from this crazy lady.",she said rolling her eyes.

"WHAT ? YOU HAVE INFORMED EVEN  YOUR KINDERGARTEN FRIENDS?",i asked unbelievingly.

"Yeah , you are marrying only once. Anyways are you going to stand their only are goin to come inside. I made your favourite chicken stew and caramelized duck. and yeah I didnt forget you Ade, i made your  cheesecake and roasted beef.",she said smiling at us lovingly.

"Thanks mom.",we said together.

She really was a best mom in the end. I couldn't have gotten any better. she loved us both like hell. She would do anything for us. Just sometimes her enthusiasm drove us crazy.

we settled on the  long table. Dad joined us. He greeted mom with a quick peck, kissed ade on the cheek and gave me a sympathetic nod. Oh after all he did today he just had a nod for me.Wait till I take him to the soccer game on saturday. We would play soccer ,our close group of friends in the nearby ground on saturdays . It had been a family way of male to male bonding with our relatives . It was often some of my close friends from work. OK just 1 friend from work and his friends and their sons.

"So Brad , had any luck today?",he said trying to control his smile.

"Yeah i passed through a few  emergency urgent wife stores but none were their in this side of the pacific. so no show ,i guess.",I said sarcastically.

Everyone laughed.

"Yeah dont worry Brad! if you dont get anyone, i can always set you up with some of my friends."said ade winking.

Suddenly I had the urge to throw up as I remembered the stupid girls from the office and their intoxication smell.

"NO THANKS,ADE.",i said seriously before she considered it.

"yeah I can set you up with some of the daughters of my society friends........."said mom already going in her fantasy world.Dad enjoying the whole show with a smile on his face.

"NO NEED GUYS!I CAN FIND MYSELF A WIFE BEFORE 6 MONTHS.can we just not talk about it please. todays been a roughh day for me", i said in a sad pleading voice which would melt mom.

Luckily they all agreed and we moved to other topics.

After dinner i went to a bar near my penthouse.I just needed some time on my own as brad and not as a CEO.

I ordered a bottle of brandy. I wanted something strong.I  looked around. The girls over here were mostly dressed. OK that was a overstatement. They were wearing things which my mom would have a heartattack about. I had been with these kind of girls. They were only good for a few weeks of fun and would never convince anyone about my seriousness in a relation.

I tried looking for anyone reasonable but no luck.Guess today was not my day. I paid the bartender. I went to the condo, took a shower, changed into my boxers and laid down. Suddenly Alainas face flashed to me. I slapped myself literally. Why was i thinking about her. Oh right, because she was partly the reason I was in this mess.

Guess tomorrow I would have my revenge.