The promise

Alaina's POV

I woke up snuggled in Brad's arms.with his arms around my waist .I took few minutes to grasp this fact.I looked up at his face.He had a light stubble on his face and his face looked so calm,nothing like the ruthless ,cold business man .It reminded me of a 5 yr old child found napping under a shade after heartily playing with his toys. It was time to get up and freshen.God knows what Brad had planned for today.As soon as I decided to remove his arms from my waist .He unknowingly tightened it as if he knew what I'm trying to do.I looked at his face in a questioning gesture but he was actually sound asleep.Finally after a lot of attempts,I managed to remove his arms from me.I took bath and decided to wear what i could find from my luggage.I decided  to wear a jeans and a Zara top as that was the only thing less fancy without giving away ,I shop at designer stores.

 When I came back,I saw Brad was still asleep.So I went down to help ciara .Ciara was surprised to see me so early.

"Good morning Alaina,how come you have woken up so early?I  took you for a noisy couple.",she winked at me.I blushed as I didn't know what to reply to her.

"Morning.No,its just we were so tired after travelling the whole day yesterday and didn't want to bother you today too.We will leave as soon as Brad wake's up."

"No ,no dear.I was just kidding.You can stay here as long as you want.We do get lonely here ."

I smiled as a thank you to her.

I helped her make Bacon's,ham ,sandwiches,scrambled eggs.She was insistent on making a full Irish breakfast as she wanted us to experience the full Irish culture.Finally she conceded to my request as we had already troubled her a lot.

Brad came down a little while later after we had arranged the table.He had already taken a bath and was dressed in a Ralph Lauren shirt  pale blue button down shirt and jeans.His hair was dripping wet at the back of his neck.He looked around and when he found me .He came towards my direction and gave me a peck on my lips.I was shocked for a minute but then I remembered that we were playing a role of a loving husband wife here.I fake smiled in his direction .

"Good morning darling.",i said to him.

"Morning Sweetheart",he said looking lovingly at me.If we were alone,I would have fallen for his ruse.

"Oh,look at you two.Where is my love ,Bartley.",she said talking to her self and then going to find Bartley.

I got busy arranging the items on the table.I didnt want to look at Brad and avoid the awkward moment as long as I could.

"Alaina We are goi--",he was interrupted by Bartley and ciara .

"Hey buddy ,how was your night?".he said loudly patting Brad on his back.

"It was good.Thanks to both of your hospitality",Brad said politely.

"Anyways,lets eat the breakfast now.It's getting cold and poor Alaina made the whole with me just boring her with my boring high school days stories.",she said smiling at me.

"Brad,did you know.Your wife is a great cook .Seriously you should pamper her more.",she said to Brad.

"I try but you know women .cant figure there mind and if we do anything ,it angers them more.",he said seriously to Bartley.

"Very true buddy.",he fist pumped with Brad.

I rolled my eyes and ciara hit Bartley on his arms.

After finishing the meal .Brad  and I bid an almost tearful goodbye to Ciara and Bartley.

When we got in the car.I turned my face towards the window as I didn't have much to say to Brad.Somehow it became more awkward after yesterday.

"Alaina...",he called me.I ignored him and pretended to be asleep.